• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I got new controller, same problem

You also need to ensure that the old drive type matches the new drive type as far as geometry goes, since a type 5 on one machine doesn't guarantee that a type 5 on another machine are the same.
patscc

Hi All;
I know about the different tables, in the 486 Pachard Bell, it is different than the K-6 Clone,, One sees the Drive as a #40 and the other sees it as a #44.. But, only the PB will boot up with it and recognize it.. I have Numerous times Set the Drive to its correct number in the K-6 Clone.. But it has to Yet see the Drive as anything, but I would Like to see it as C: Drive.. Yet it won't.. I have Yet to Figure out How to access the Table in the Dell Pentium.. But when I used AT Setup, it shows a table with 5 different types, and they are all large drives, probably IDE.. And so it won't or can't boot from the WD card until or unless it has a Set your own parameters for Drive Type.. I just found a friend of mine Who I told I was looking for a 486, send me an Email and said He was sending me 3 each 486 motherboards, He found laying around.. We'll See what arrives, from UPS..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
I got the Boards, they are 286 instead of 486, But, that is fine with me.. One is an NCR Plug in Board, the other two are Motherboards, of the Motherboards one of them says Morse on top of its Eproms and on top of the Board, the other one says made in hong Kong, but nothing else.. I got them both to work, the Hong Kong board has more Memory, so for now, that is the one I am going to work with, All three Boards are like New, Like they were just made last week..
THANK YOU marty

Back