• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: NEC PC-8201A Keyboard

mika

Hello,

I am hopping to get my hands on a NEC PC-8201A keyboard without buying a whole secound unit.

Thanks so much for looking. If you have any idea where i might be able to get one even if you yourself do not have one please let me know.

Sadly worse, the keyboard has a crack going down from top to bottom as though someone dropped something on it. :( The keys closes to the cabel work just fine just everything left of the crack is unresponsive -- which is most of the keyboard.

You should be able to repair the circuit traces. It's a pain, but doable. To stiffen the cracked PCB, you can take some coarse fiberglass mesh ( hardware store,used for drywall or cement board joints), put it on the crack (after repairing the traces), and put a thin layer of epoxy over it.
patscc

Thanks patscc,

This may be something I do end up trying, but I'd like a back up if posiable.

Back