• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Data General One 5.25" Floppy Cable

The 5.25 cable is for an external floppy drive, 37-pin male connector on both ends. It attaches through a sidecar to the DG-One. It is 36-inches long.
Without the sidecar one would have to manufacture an adapter to interface to the DG1.

Pic of cable
Pic of sidecar
Pic of sidecar

Hmm I do have at least two of those cables, but I would need to check how many of them belong to my Bull system.
Will go check it out.

From the original OP's description it looks like he may be unaware of the sidecar, the IDC type cable end would be the sidecar plug, Data General refers to the sidecar as a transciever.

Yup, I didn't realise there's a side-car. Thanks guys.
Guess I just have the worlds biggest unusable 5.25" drive now :)

I'm guessing the plug on the back of the DG1 is directly connected to address/data?
If so the side-car must be assigning an address for the drive in the DG-1 and buffering the data.

Back