• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for an EMS card...

Cloudschatze

Veteran Member
I'm trying to obtain an 8-bit (or 8/16-compatible) EMS card that is LIM 4.0-compliant, and has at least 2MB RAM. The card needs to be less than 10-inches in length, that I might use it in a Tandy system.

A few such candidates are the Intel Above Board, Micro Mainframe EMS-5150(T), Acculogic RAMpAT Plus, and PC Enterprises XTRA-K.

Have anything that fits the bill that you might be willing to sell/trade? Please let me know...

Last edited:
Interesting. I didn't know Acculogic RAMpAT Plus could be used in an 8-bit slot.

I'm only assuming it can, based on two references stating that it will work in the later Tandy 1000 systems.

That said, I imagine that the "RAMpAT Plus" must be different than the "RAMpAT!", because I've now tried two of the latter, and have been disappointed to discover that they will not work in 8-bit slots.

$35.00? Anyone?

I'd also be happy to swap for my recently-acquired RAMpAT!. Up to 16MB (four 30-pin SIMMs) can be loaded onto the card, but alas, it requires a 16-bit slot.

Are you still looking for one of these boards? If so, I can confirm that the documentation for the RAMpAT Plus states that it will work in an 8-bit or a 16-bit ISA slot. At one point I had one of each RAMpAT! and RAMpAT Plus, but I am only aware of having the Plus now.

Back