• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (1987)

facattack

Veteran Member
I had the green box of this release. I played it on Tandy 1000 EX. I noticed one on ebay saying "Tandy Color Computer." I now this as the "COCO" but I'm wondering could the label also refer to other Tandys? Either way I made a zip of my 3.5 disk and I'm sad to say that it isn't disk one. Apparently disk one was the 5.25 floppy disk. :(

How to circumvent this nonsense of old school copy protection? Any abandonware websites I should check for this specific release?

The original PC version only comes on 1 x 3.5" or 5.25" disk. Use NOGUARD and it will remove the disk-based protection.

If the label says Tandy Color Computer, then the game only works with those computers, not the 1000, which is a PC compatible machine.

I had the green box of this release. I played it on Tandy 1000 EX. I noticed one on ebay saying "Tandy Color Computer." I now this as the "COCO" but I'm wondering could the label also refer to other Tandys? Either way I made a zip of my 3.5 disk and I'm sad to say that it isn't disk one. Apparently disk one was the 5.25 floppy disk. :(

How to circumvent this nonsense of old school copy protection? Any abandonware websites I should check for this specific release?

Back