• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: IBM PC AT Keyboard (84 keys) Model F

purpletiesto

Very long time lurker, very first time poster. I've currently got a Model M and M13, and I really want to get my hands on a Model F.

So, I'm looking to buy an IBM Model F PC AT Keyboard. If you have one you're looking to get rid of, can you shoot me a PM?!

Thanks so much guys! :cool:

Dan

He's hoping to find a deal - not that I blame him :) The 84-key Model F for the IBM PC AT (and is labelled as IBM PC AT on the silver label on the top) seems to go for quite a bit on eBay and on the general market. I saw one hit over $400, saw another hit over $200. It seems to be mechanical keyboard enthusiasts that want them. For my tastes, I think I'd go with an 83-key Model F from the IBM PC 5150 and use our little XT/AT convertor with it. Then again, 83-key Model F's are regularly pulling anywhere from $50-100 these days, so who knows?

Is this the keyboard you're looking for?
2012-11-21165406.jpg

Hi there everyone! Thanks for your responses.

I'm after an 84 key model as I will actually be using it and it is closer to the layout I'm used to. I'm not really after a deal as such, more so I read this forum a lot and I know a lot of people have 5170s.

Hey Tiberian Fiend (those pesky little buggers used to kill my troops in C&C), yes, that's the keyboard I'm after. Are you selling, by any chance?

Back