• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

XTIDE v1 (assembled) wanted

raifield

Experienced Member
Anyone willing to sell an assembled XT IDE board? I don't have the equipment to assemble my own, but would like to install one in an IBM Model 25 I recently acquired. I figure the board, coupled with an IDE->CF adapter, will give me a cheaper alternative than trying to find an 8-bit SCSI card and a drive that works with it. Plus, squeezing a SCSI drive in the Model 25 seems like a chore.

Hi
The XT-IDE V2 is identical to the XT-IDE original if you leave off the extra components and set the jumpers to original compatibility mode.

The PCBs should be here next week some time.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi
I'll check tonight but I thought I saw the "imminent delivery" email from the manufacturer early this morning. Assuming its the XT-IDE V2 PCBs (not necessarily a good assumption since there are multiple N8VEM projects underway at once) then they should be here either late this week or early next week. My point being though that we are discussing when they'll arrive not whether they'll arrive.

Andrew Lynch

If that's the case I guess I'll just wait for the v2 boards and see if I can nab one. I'm a bit out of the loop in regards to them though, hopefully I don't miss them when they are released.

Hi
Confirmed. It is the XT-IDE V2 PCBs reorder batch. They should arrive tomorrow.

Andrew Lynch

If that's the case I guess I'll just wait for the v2 boards and see if I can nab one. I'm a bit out of the loop in regards to them though, hopefully I don't miss them when they are released.
Note that Andrew is supplying the printed circuit board only, not a kit, nor an assembled unit.

Note that Andrew is supplying the printed circuit board only, not a kit, nor an assembled unit.

I guess my only option is to hope some enterprising individual starts selling assembled boards. The one on eBay is just a bit too expensive now.

Is the XTIDE board still available? I would like to purchase one. bare board, kit or assembled working. For use in an IBM 5150 PC 64K on the motherboard.

Is the XTIDE board still available? I would like to purchase one. bare board, kit or assembled working. For use in an IBM 5150 PC 64K on the motherboard.
You should check with lynchaj. As of lately only new boards has been available, so you may need to buy the components yourself.

Hi
The XT-IDE V2 PCBs will be available in about 10 days or so.

I will announce here after all the builders on the waiting list get their chance.

If you would like to be added to the waiting list please send me an email at LYNCHAJ@YAHOO.COM with XT-IDE in the subject.

Thanks and have a happy holidays!

Andrew Lynch

Back