• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Altair s100 motherboard edge connectors.

Corey986

Administrator
Does anyone have a source for the edge connectors on an altair motherboard, most I have seen have different spacing on the pcb side. I have a spare rev 1 board with 2 bad connectors. If I can order two, I'll have a spare motherboard I can put in my altair.

Thanks,
Corey

I know there are two different common spacing for S-100 connectors, but I don't know what the spacing is on your Altair. I have a box of new connectors in the garage, but I'd have to know what spacing you need, before I could tell you if the connectors I have will fit.

The ones I have are what I consider to be the more common spacing (I think), and I think they fit all the more modern S-100 motherboards that I ever tried them on. They came from the Compupro Factory. I got them at an Auction, and I will never forget Bill Godbout talking about how much they were worth because of the thickness of the gold plate on them. And that was probably close to 25 over years ago, before the price of gold shot up to where it is now.

I may have a couple of the other ones with the wider spacing as well.

Measure the space between the pins in the two rows, and the distance between the two rows and post back. Then, I'll dig up my box of connectors and see if I have the right ones for you.

Last edited:
Hi All;
The ones I use are from Sullins EBA50DRTH, From Digikey they are special order in groups of 10 for $9.80 Each, I don't know IF you can order less direct from sullins.. www.sullinselectronics.com I have not tried anyone else for these.. These are what I have in my Altair Motherboards..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
The ones I use are from Sullins EBA50DRTH, From Digikey they are special order in groups of 10 for $9.80 Each, I don't know IF you can order less direct from sullins.. www.sullinselectronics.com I have not tried anyone else for these.. These are what I have in my Altair Motherboards..
THANK YOU Marty

Maybe we can setup a group buy... I only need a couple 3 max. Another question related to this... I need mine to replace 2 connectors on a spare motherboard. Is there any trick to removing the original ones. I used a desolder station so there is no visible solder on the back, but they are still stuck. Im afraid to force them. Or is it easier to destroy the connector carefully then remove it one pin at a time. Has anyone used a blow torch? Does it damage the material this motherboard is made of because there is no conforming coat? It's a dark green Rev 1.

Thanks,
Corey

Maybe we can setup a group buy... I only need a couple 3 max. Another question related to this... I need mine to replace 2 connectors on a spare motherboard. Is there any trick to removing the original ones. I used a desolder station so there is no visible solder on the back, but they are still stuck. Im afraid to force them. Or is it easier to destroy the connector carefully then remove it one pin at a time. Has anyone used a blow torch? Does it damage the material this motherboard is made of because there is no conforming coat? It's a dark green Rev 1.

Thanks,
Corey

Hey all - I have a rev 1 board with only 1 connector installed so I need to get my hands on 3 or 4 connectors that fit. I bought 4 other ones and thought I had the spacing right but the solder pins were spread too wide, so I definitely need the more narrow connectors for the MITS hole spacing. Does anyone have 3 or 4 they'd be willing to sell or does anyone want to split an order 50/50 if they are still available anywhere? Other part numbers would be great too.

Thanks!

I just got 10 MITS 8800-compatible connectors from Sullins. They are blue and I haven't put one in yet but I will in the next few days. I may want to keep 4 on-hand in case I get or make another expansion board but I will have 4 left to sell if anyone needs them. They cost quite a bit to get now so I'd sell 4 for $50 or $15 each plus shipping.

Oops, bad math. I meant I will have 3 for sale. $15 each if anyone needs them.

Back