• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Soviet CPU Collection

sah

Hi,

It is my hobby and is a collection of microprocessors and microcontrollers manufactured in the Soviet Union, Russia and CIS countries.
I started my collection in 2010. The scope of my interest also includes RAM, ROM and peripherals. Also I'm interested in processor boards and modules.

Accept a gift, exchange or purchase any of microprocessors and microcontrollers, which are not on the site.

http://sovietcpu.com

cpu.jpg

You can find the Soviet hammer and sickle on some processors. Also where are rhombus signs on some labels, they mean military cpus.

hammerandsickle.jpg

It would be interesting to know to what degree some of these soviet parts are compatible with their american counterparts, say the 1834 series and the i8086 and the 1858 series and the Z80.

It would be interesting to know to what degree some of these soviet parts are compatible with their american counterparts, say the 1834 series and the i8086 and the 1858 series and the Z80.
100% compatible chips on the pins and electrical characteristics, as well as system commands.

Last edited:
100% compatible chips on the legs and electrical characteristics, as well as system commands.

I mean like minor details, like subtle timing and extra/undocumented features. Take for example the i8088 and the NEC V20; they are also 100% electrically compatible and run the same code, but the V20 is a little more effective and has a special command it can use to run Z80 code.

Last edited:
I'm surprised.. I thought Russian chips used metric pin spacing instead of imperial
not a lot of difference but on 40-pin dips when you place side by side it becomes very obvious
The Soviet LSI-11 clone I have matches perfectly with various US-originating DIP-40 ICs I have...

here is a picture of Russian 808x lined up on pin one with a standard 8088
top Russian 8086
middle Fujitsu 8088
bottom Russian 8088

the other pic shows a closeup of where pin 20s line up with both pin 1s starting from same point

Attachments

• DSCF4729.JPG
    DSCF4729.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF4730.JPG
    DSCF4730.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 1
The Soviet LSI-11 clone I have matches perfectly with various US-originating DIP-40 ICs I have...
Depends on actual chip type, but as far as I am aware all internal (former USSR states) used chips were metric
Export units to Eastern block countries could be metric or imperial
Export units to outside the Eastern Block were imperial
and also other Eastern block countries that manufactured their own chips could be metric or imperial

I'm surprised.. I thought Russian chips used metric pin spacing instead of imperial
not a lot of difference but on 40-pin dips when you place side by side it becomes very obvious

You are right, Soviet processors were produced with metric pins but there were chips with imperial pins for export, and there was the label "Made in the USSR"

I mean like minor details, like subtle timing and extra/undocumented features. Take for example the i8088 and the NEC V20; they are also 100% electrically compatible and run the same code, but the V20 is a little more effective and has a special command it can use to run Z80 code.

There are some differences between Z80 and 1858VM1.

In 1858VM1 load capacity was increased. Current consumption is 200 mA.

There is little documentation about Russian analogs. At the begining of 1990s there was chaos. A lot of firms produced Z80 analogs.

Perhaps there are some undocumented features but I don't know them.

and there was the label "Made in the USSR"
or Made in USSR ?
I know in Russian it is СДЕЛАНО В СССР
The only problem with export units they don't seem to include the factory logo.. which makes it hard working out where they were made

I forgot to ask if you were a member in the CPU-World forum
http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/index.php

as there is quite a few members there from the East block countries that probably have chips you need for trade or sale

Last edited:
I forgot to ask if you were a member in the CPU-World forum
http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/index.php

as there is quite a few members there from the East block countries that probably have chips you need for trade or sale

I’m a newbie. My nickname on cpu-world.com is renesas, but I haven't written yet.

I started to make a site 2 months ago, so there are not all the chips that I have. I will add content.

I started to make a site 2 months ago
i missed the website link at the beginning of this thread
but what was funny... I just found your cpu-world user name and realised the website link I just posted in the forum is yours :D

until your post count is above 3 the website link in your cpu-world profile wont show to non members or low post count members

Last edited:
Back