• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DIY Floppy/Serial and Audio ISA cards

sergey

Veteran Member
Hi,

As I mentioned earlier I've been working on an ISA Floppy Disk and Serial controller card. Recently I received PCBs from the fab. I also have some PC8477BV-1 FDC ICs to go with these PCBs. Note that PC8477BV-1 are not new but in working order (I tested them).

Prices:
- ISA Floppy Disk and Serial controller PCB - $10
- PC8477BV-1 (in addition to a PCB) - $3

I also have some ISA OPL2 PCB - my version of an Adlib compatible audio card PCBs. They are also $10 each.

Shipping with USPS first class mail (no tracking) for one PCB + FDC chip: in US - $3, and anywhere else - $5. Please contact me for the shipping price if you need more than one PCB or if you want to use different shipping service.

PM me if you like to get some of these PCBs.

More information:
http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/isa-fdc-and-uart
http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/isa-opl2-card

Disclaimer:
This is a completely hobby project, and I am not making any profit from it, and that even not counting many hours I spent designing these boards. Therefore the support is limited - I will try to help as much as I can, but I won't provide any refunds for non-working boards. There is no warranty whatsoever. I did try to do my best when designing these boards and they work for me and for anyone else who already built them. These projects assume basic skills with building electronic circuits (e.g. recognizing electronic components; soldering). If you're able to assemble an intermediate level Velleman kit, you probably will be able to built these boards too...

Thanks,
Sergey

PCB and PC8477.jpg

ISA FDC - Complete Board -.jpg

ISA OPL2 - Complete Board.jpg

Last edited:
I still need to finish my OPL2 card - I stalled on it when I realized that I still had a few weeks to wait for delivery of the synth chips (which I've now had for going on two months)

That ISA/serial board looks cool too, and I think I have everything needed in the parts bin with the exception of the caps and the oscillators. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Sergey, out of curiosity, is this using the same BIOS that you were working on for XT-FDC, or is that BIOS a derivative of this one which will have more features? - ie will this board support 4 floppy drives, 8" drives, etc in the future?

out of curiosity, is this using the same BIOS that you were working on for XT-FDC, or is that BIOS a derivative of this one which will have more features? - ie will this board support 4 floppy drives, 8" drives, etc in the future?

The new BIOS version (2.0) supports both XT-FDC and ISA Floppy disk and serial card. Of course with ISA Floppy disk and serial card it will be limited to two drives and primary FDC configuration (IO at 3F0h, IRQ6, DRQ2). But it is possible to have both cards in the system with XT-FDC configured as the secondary controller, in this case the single instance of BIOS will support both cards (no need to install two EEPROMs).

Back