• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

getting a G3 MAC

well finally got OS 8.1 on this thing by pulling out my old 5200CD and installing it there then transfering the HDD drive over to the G3. small issue now is it won't boot into the OS withour holding down the option key on startup.

You might want to check the startup disk control panel and make sure it's set to boot from the hard drive. If that's not it you might want to see the hard drive is set to "master" on the jumper.

You might want to check the startup disk control panel and make sure it's set to boot from the hard drive. If that's not it you might want to see the hard drive is set to "master" on the jumper.

did both and still requires me to hold down option when i boot else i get a disk with a "?" in it. its not a huge problem especially considering I finally got the thing to update to OS 9.2.2

i have run into even more issues though that i have questions about seeing as my MAC experence is extremely limited.

1) i have a USB PCI card installed but how do i get os 9 to see it? are there drivers like on a windows system? are there generic USB mac drivers?

2) the biggest issue is that some older games like Full Throttle and The Dig are giving me stuttering audio. the video runs smooth but the sound stutters. any possible fix to this? possibly a bad personality card? i never thought id say it but some of these games ran better on my 5200CD

Back