• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Does anyone have Tandy DOS disk 02.11.22 (Original or Copied)? (5.25")

fs5500

Veteran Member
>As long as the disk image works, I wouldn't care how many bytes the Readme file is!

README.DOC is modified.
Of course it is not important to work Tandy DOS.
I only want to recover modified disks as original default.

I've downloaded Tandy DOS 02.11.22 from the following URL.

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/tvdog/tandy1000/system/d1000.zip

But this disk seems to be modified.
At least README.DOC seems to be modified. (File size is 9192 bytes / 10-02-1985)

Original size of README.DOC must be 8902 bytes. (06-27-1985)

What leads you to believe that it was modified? I've seen several releases of software where the program code, diskette label, etc. did not change, but the readme file -- which is last-minute errata -- did. (Which it should, it's the readme!)

What should give you concern are the two *.BAS files with a date of 1-1-80; those were clearly created by the diskette's owner and can be removed. But the readme.doc seems to be completely legit with relevant information.

What leads you to believe that it was modified? I've seen several releases of software where the program code, diskette label, etc. did not change, but the readme file -- which is last-minute errata -- did. (Which it should, it's the readme!)

What should give you concern are the two *.BAS files with a date of 1-1-80; those were clearly created by the diskette's owner and can be removed. But the readme.doc seems to be completely legit with relevant information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMEaMuXKzVI

(2:00 - 2:30)

I found original readme.doc size is 8902 and date is same as other files.
Any user uploaded another image of 2.11.22.
I compared them and verified.
But uploaded one also have many of bad sectors.
I fixed (edited) and deleted written area and recovered (restored) FAT and Root area.

You can download and compare it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?spkx1b8474zvvbk

I use PCTOOLS (DOS) and Hex Editor (010 Editor) to fix image and use PCE IBM PC Emulator.

Last edited:
Back