• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello everybody! Does this look familiar to anybody?

drpepper843

DSCN0160.jpgDSCN0161.jpgDSCN0162.jpgDSCN0164.jpgDSCN0165.jpg

No HDD installed, but I have a couple that might work? Posts to bios but I have no clue where to go from there.

Any insight as to what i have here? Thanks so much

Again, you have a generic 386 system with a few expansion cards. It appears the keyboard connects to the front of it. Are you wanting to install a hard drive and an operating system?

First you need to find a working hard drive controller card (if there's not already one there) and hard drive (both are IDE). A good hard drive for that system would be in the 300mb-2gb range. Then it's a matter of setting it up for the computer to recognize and use it.

Technically, you can use just about any sized hard drive in it, although maybe a Dynamic Drive Overlay may be needed. We'll go there if needed.

Yes ive found that as well ... and I applied the appropriate numbers but it still did not recognize the HDD

Im very familiar with building newer PCs (year 2000+) and ive fixed probable a hundred PCs over the last 2 years. Im familiar with SATA and IDE connections and also have every cable/drive/HDD/Memory I could possibly need to get this computer running. I just dont know how to set up the bios or work dos commands

Well i tried several times to write a ms dos boot disk with no success. But that was on win 7. Ill try XP when i get a chance

The post meant I was trying to write the ms dos disk ON win 7. not that i was trying to boot the 386 WITH win 7 lol
OK, are you trying to write a disk from an .IMG file? I've had great success writing/creating .IMG files but I use a DOS program to write/create them. But I know others are using Windows programs the do this as well.

Im trying to write thisDSCN0169.jpg

to this.....................DSCN0171.jpg

Using this.................DSCN0170.jpg

Im guessing its not working because im using Win7 home premium?

Back