• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8 bit IDE card?

Hi,
I'd love to get one of the assembled boards if at all possible - I've come upon an old Corona Data Systems XT clone with a dead hard drive and I'm looking for the best way to get some storage for it, but in my present living situation don't really have a place to assemble electronics.

I'll keep watching this thread!

Hi all

Here one more that is interested in some of this boards!! Is it still possible? I'm interested in two or three... when is it planned to do the order for the pcbs? just to be aware of it, I'm not in a hurry, ok? :)

Thanks for a so huge effort Sergey!!

Project update:
I should receive three prototype boards later this week. I'll build and test one them. If everything works well, I'll order a larger batch (20 or so) PCBs. It will take about 3 weeks to manufacture them. So the best estimate for PCB availability is the second half of March.

Thanks Sergey, we all really appreciate all who have invested time and resources into the project. The result will be a lifesaver for the aging 8 bit machines that are out there.

PS - If it helps, maybe you could PM with your PayPal ID, and we could pre-pay through PayPal for the cards and shipping to lighten the financial burden.

Last edited:
Hello Sergey and hi also to my friends in the forum:
My name is Izham and write from Spain.
First sorry for my English is a little bad.
Sergey many congratulations for your site and your projects, they are awesome.
I am also interested in buying one of these boards.
Please Sergey, when you have the boards ready save me one.
Many thanks and again congratulations for your projects.
Izham

Project update:
I received the prototype boards and built one of them yesterday. So far it passed all the tests, but I only tested it with one 32 MB Kodak card. I should have two other - 512 MB and 4 GB Transcend cards somewhere, so I hope to test the XT-CF-Lite with them too.

Other two prototype boards went to another builder, and I hope I'll get some testing feedback from him.

The prototype PCB was not without problems. (That's why we do prototypes, right?! :)) When creating the KiCAD module for CF card connector, I used wrong pin pitch - 0.65 mm instead of 0.635 mm (perhaps because right before creating that module I created another one for TVGA9000I IC, which does have 0.65 mm pitch). So the outer pads on the PCB don't match pins on CF card connector (of by 1/2 a pin?!), so I had to bend them slightly when soldering... Of course this issue will be corrected in the production run.

Another project update:
I ordered a batch of production PCBs and should have them made by the end of this month. I apologize that it takes a bit longer than expected...

Back