• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Lots of Vintage media / books / manuals / computers for sale in Stockton. 175 Pallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

trivalley

It's been a long time coming with this post. It is actually a very sad situation but whats done is done and we must continue moving forward. We want to respect the vintage computer hobbyist. Not one item has been thrown away, shredded or mishandled. Many collectors have came to us for several different items from all over the world. We still have over 175 pallets being stored in our warehouse. Please inbox us with your needs. You may want to purchase software, magazines, etc by the pallet. You may also view auctions on eBay under the following user names.

Tvrsales
Tvrsales2
Tvrsales3 (books, magazines, manuals)
Kaekae_b2011

Also I want to assure that all material in our warehouse was brought here in a legal fashion.

I will print this out and give to the people hired to sort. And if found I will email you.

In a nutshell, yes. Just wish it was in a different light. But we have to do what we have to do. Just hoping some of the true collectors will be able to get the items they are needing. Several of the most well known collectors have been contacting us from all around the globe. There is so much work to do. Many man hours already. And many more ahead.

I was interested in something on eBay but I received a reply that you don't ship to Canada. Will you, if asked?

Thank you.

Yes we are now starting to ship international. All eBay items will reflect that going forward.

So I mentioned it with no authority but have you considered talking to the Computer History Museum and donating the documents there (Sellam could then perhaps help again and keep the archive). Might be worth it as a tax write off if they're accepting of it.

So I mentioned it with no authority but have you considered talking to the Computer History Museum and donating the documents there (Sellam could then perhaps help again and keep the archive). Might be worth it as a tax write off if they're accepting of it.

Our plan after we find homes for all of the systems and some of the manuals, books, etc are to donate the remaining items. We have had numerous request for us to donate the balance. We want to make sure that the source is going to be responsible with the items and we will then seek the forums help to find a good museum or archive to send to.

"It is actually a very sad situation but whats done is done and we must continue moving forward."

You have got to be kidding me. First of all, this is not done by even the most insane and deranged stretch of the imagination as there is ongoing litigation over my collection in which you are involved, having been served the lawsuit and your attorney having answered it and a preliminary hearing date having been set. This is just getting started.

And then there's this: "We want to respect the vintage computer hobbyist." Yes, you want to respect the vintage computer hobbyist in as far as they have money to give you in exchange for stolen property. But as far as the actual owner, SCREW THAT GUY. If you had any respect for the "vintage computer hobbyist" then you would never have become an accessory to the theft of my collection in the first place. You knew full well what the deal was after I spent 45 minutes in your parking lot BEGGING Glenn to let me take my stuff back, offering the money that I had to buy it back, offering whatever I could, but all he saw was great big $$$ in his eyes and could hardly care less about my plight or the facts surrounding it.

"Not one item has been thrown away, shredded or mishandled."

Bullshit. You don't even know what you already discarded. There were a lot of artifacts that you had no idea what they are and may already be lost due to your ignorance. In fact, you may have already thrown out or recycled items that you considered "junk", like my shelving, which I purchased from Mike Quinn Electronics in San Leandro, and which before that were used by Godbout/Compupro when they shared space with MQE in the quonset hut at Oakland Airport. Those shelves still even had Godbout product stickers on their edges, specifying what products were stored on that shelf when Godbout was operating. That shelving, junk to your untrained and ignorant eye, were treasured artifacts to me, and I was proud to be able to store my vintage computer artifacts on shelving that was once used by a company that produced the very artifacts I was curating and preserving. What else did you throw away or scrap as junk that your ignorant, untrained eye, blinded by dollar signs, was not able to discern? Just because you illicitly acquired the largest privately held collection of vintage computers on the planet did not suddenly make you a vintage computer expert. It did not transfer the 25 years of experience I accumulated from assembling that collection, piece by piece, carload by carload. You shit all over my work and then have the temerity to act like you have the utmost respect for the hobby that I helped to establish through the Vintage Computer Festival. You are unbelievable.

"Also I want to assure that all material in our warehouse was brought here in a legal fashion."

Again, BULLSHIT. You were served with my affidavit that laid out the facts of the absolutely criminal behavior in which the Erardis acted. Everything is here, including all my letters to the Erardis laying out explicitly how they were violating my rights and the law:

http://vintagetech.com/download/lawsuit/

I told you the complete story of how my property ended up in your hands, but you let your greed be your guide. Instead of returning the property to its rightful owner when you had the opportunity, you chose take the crime and run with it, all the way to the bank in fact. You compounded the crime by perjuring yourself in open court stating that it cost you $61,000 to move 200 already wrapped pallets of material 3 miles across town. I had already moved 50 pallets to my new warehouse on a budget of under $1,000. Did you hire a celebrity workforce to move my stuff? I saw your crew, they looked like a bunch of the typical denizens of Stockton and I doubt you pay any of them more than ten bucks an hour. How did you come to $61,000, a number which the judge at the injunction hearing specifically referenced and was material in his decision to deny me a TRO? You lied. You lied because you knew if you didn't it would be your ass on the line along with the Erardis'. You colluded with their attorney to deprive me of my property and rights, and you did it purely out of greed.

And you speak as if this is something that had to happen--"we have to do what we have to do"--which is pure unadulterated horseshit. I gave you the opportunity to correct the wrong that you were committing. I begged and pleaded with you for over 45 minutes to let me recover my property, but you refused, deferring instead to your lusts and greed.

Now you have 175 pallets of material taking up space in your warehouse, allegedly costing you money to store. If you were rational you would seek to remove that cost from your hands as quickly as possible since you made the expense of storing the collection such a big deal at the TRO hearing. You could effectuate a perfect scenario by returning my property to me, righting a wrong that you committed and eliminating an expense from your business. Instead, you seek to profit from your illicit gains, which speaks volumes of your true intent. Then you come here, the only place on the internet where you might have a receptive audience for your lies, to spew further insult and denigration at the 25 years of my life that I devoted to assembling and curating what was once not just the most impressive private collection of vintage computing artifacts on the planet but one of the most impressive collections of all time. You just loved the fact that you could claim ownership to it. In Exodus 20:17, God commanded: “You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.” You broke God's Law. I don't know what God has in store for you, but in this world, on this plane of existence, it is my wrath you're going to deal with. You can begin to mitigate this by instructing your attorney to contact me and let me know when I can come retrieve what remains of my property that hasn't already been disposed. That would be a good first step and would demonstrate actual sincerity behind your words. But actions speak louder than words, don't they? And from what we've witnessed so far, there is a disconnect between your words and your actions.

I strongly recommend you instruct your attorney to contact me and begin settlement discussions. Otherwise, when this plays out to its ultimate end, either I will be owning Tri-Valley Recycling, or it will cease to be a going concern in California. This is a promise, from me to you, witnessed by all those who read these words. Call a bookie, because you can bet on it.

And to all those who have been purchasing parts of my collection: know that you will be required to send it back. TVR will be required to recall everything of mine that went out their door. What can't be recovered will be compensated for, but if it can be returned it will, under court order. Anyone who thinks this is all just going to be water under the bridge doesn't understand what has happened here. This is not just going to go away. Everyday this continues is another punch to my face while my hands are tied behind my back. Once I'm done dealing with the bank trying to steal my house through an unlawful foreclosure all my attentions will be turned back to this matter. If it wasn't for the fact that I was kicked while I was already down then this would not have gotten to where it is. But as you said, what's done is done. But what isn't done is yet to come, and I hope you have the sense to act now in honor and integrity before that time comes when you will be paying seven-fold the price for your ugly transgression.

The ball is in your court. Let's see how you play.

And to all those who have been purchasing parts of my collection: know that you will be required to send it back. TVR will be required to recall everything of mine that went out their door. What can't be recovered will be compensated for, but if it can be returned it will, under court order. Anyone who thinks this is all just going to be water under the bridge doesn't understand what has happened here. This is not just going to go away.
Sellam, I say this with the utmost respect, having a great sympathy for your plight, but also not understanding how you couldn't just sell a few duplicated pieces of your collection to cover the paltry amount that has thus far cost you 25 years of your life.

Remember that many of the people buying this equipment are truly innocent bystanders that know nothing of you or this entire, messy situation. Also remember that many other people buying this equipment are doing so to ensure that it's preserved and not discarded, recycled, or destroyed, as at this point, all we have is your emotion and anger essentially stating that "it's all illegal and it'll all be coming back to me!" - Fact of the matter is, the court case is still ongoing, and may take YEARS to come to a conclusion. If and until the judge issues an order to stop selling the goods, TVRSales will continue to sell the items, and people will continue to buy them. That's a fact.

Your attacking the community over purchasing these items... IMHO, it's wrong, my friend. Be glad that the items being purchased aren't going to be scrapped or discarded into a landfill, that they're going to good homes.

Remember, its quite likely that since the number of "innocent bystanders" in this situation now number into the hundreds, that this part of your collection will just be lost to you, regardless of the outcome of your suit(s) against the Erardis/TVRSales, and if you are indeed successful, that the judge will either force Erardis/TVRSales to compensate you or just say tough luck - next time pay your storage bills on time. The US Court system wouldn't want to flood itself with potentially hundreds of similar lawsuits by ordering that all items be returned to you just to make you happy - not if there is a law or legal precedent to prevent the possibility from occurring.

Again, I feel for you, both for your folly that allowed this to happen as well as that it DID happen at all. But attacking members of the community that you helped to start... I can't help but feel that is wrong.

And no, to answer ahead of time, I have purchased nothing from TVRSales. That's not to say that I won't, but I have not even placed a bid thus far.

Remember that many of the people buying this equipment are truly innocent bystanders that know nothing of you or this entire, messy situation. Also remember that many other people buying this equipment are doing so to ensure that it's preserved and not discarded, recycled, or destroyed, as at this point, all we have is your emotion and anger essentially stating that "it's all illegal and it'll all be coming back to me!" - Fact of the matter is, the court case is still ongoing, and may take YEARS to come to a conclusion. If and until the judge issues an order to stop selling the goods, TVRSales will continue to sell the items, and people will continue to buy them. That's a fact.

Hi Maverick.

Thanks for your expression of sympathy. You are operating under several assumptions as to how this will play out. I'm not going to go into my legal strategy here but it will suffice to say that it isn't going to be the typical "Perry Mason" drama you see play out on TV. The entire matter will likely be resolved by summer at the latest, and in my favor. True, litigation over the business assets of Erardi Ventures and Tri-Valley Recycling may well go on for years as I systematically work to disassemble everything they've worked to build over the course of their lives, but the disposition of my property should be settled fairly expeditiously.

As for those who have acquired my property, regardless of their intent, the fact is that stolen property needs to return to its owner. I am not expressing anger at the buyers as you are correct, many of them probably don't know the facts. But those who are reading this now know what my intent is. It will be up to TVR to recover what was converted, and whatever can't be recovered I will be compensated for.

Your attacking the community over purchasing these items... IMHO, it's wrong, my friend. Be glad that the items being purchased aren't going to be scrapped or discarded into a landfill, that they're going to good homes.

You are mischaracterizing what I wrote. I'm not sure how you construe it as an attack on the community. I am merely putting those who have purchased my items on notice that I am going to demand them back. Anyone who would take my effort to preserve my rights and my property as an "attack" is missing the boat.

Remember, its quite likely that since the number of "innocent bystanders" in this situation now number into the hundreds, that this part of your collection will just be lost to you, regardless of the outcome of your suit(s) against the Erardis/TVRSales, and if you are indeed successful, that the judge will either force Erardis/TVRSales to compensate you or just say tough luck - next time pay your storage bills on time. The US Court system wouldn't want to flood itself with potentially hundreds of similar lawsuits by ordering that all items be returned to you just to make you happy - not if there is a law or legal precedent to prevent the possibility from occurring.

Again, you are making assumptions about how this case is going to be handled. As for your quip re: "pay your storage bills on time", you obviously didn't read my affidavit or the letters to the Erardis that are available at the link posted above. After the unlawful detainer, I walked into the Erardis' office and laid $3,381.60 on the counter in front of their secretary, the amount owing on the back rent and other fees that the Erardis were demanding. She counted it out and was about to issue me a receipt when she thought that she should first check if she should be taking the money. She called Dennis Erardi, couldn't get a hold of him, then called Vince, who told her not to take the money. I had a witness with me (read his affidavit, Exhibit G). Under operation of law, whatever debt I may have owed the Erardis was then discharged. Read UCC 3-603(b) (replicated as California Commercial Code 3603(b)). Consult an attorney if you need help. The case law is extensive.

Putting that technical legal issue aside, on the one hand the Erardis wanted money from me. On the other they didn't. Either way they were not allowing me to retrieve my property, which under California (and pretty much every other jurisdiction) law is called theft and conversion. You can't just evict someone and then keep their stuff. At the time I had the money and the time to move my stuff out of their warehouse so they could be free to rent it to the next guy, they didn't want my money. They just seemed to want to keep my stuff. Stockton is somehow a void where logic, reason and law do not operate. This went on for nearly 3 months. So excuse me, but next time you want to chide someone to "pay their storage bills on time", I would suggest you first familiarize yourself with the facts.

Again, I feel for you, both for your folly that allowed this to happen as well as that it DID happen at all. But attacking members of the community that you helped to start... I can't help but feel that is wrong.

Again, you'll have to point out where I was "attacking members of the community". If you can't, perhaps an apology is in order.

Last edited:
Sellam,

Stop making threats here; this is not the place for it. And it is highly inappropriate under any circumstances.

Mike

What "threats"? Please explain.

A quote from you above:

"True, litigation over the business assets of Erardi Ventures and Tri-Valley Recycling may well go on for years as I systematically work to disassemble everything they've worked to build over the course of their lives, but the disposition of my property should be settled fairly expeditiously."

Also:

"I am merely putting those who have purchased my items on notice that I am going to demand them back."

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back