• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amiga 1438s Monitor info

Malc

Veteran Member
I seem to be rubbish at googling lately, I'm looking for a service manual for an Amiga 1438s (Microvitec) Monitor, Does anyone know of one in PDF format i can grab off the net.

Thanks

EDIT: Just realized i left the M off, It's actually an Amiga M1438s (Multisynch)

Last edited:
Unfortunately not but thanks anyway, It seem's to be for the older square metal cased type monitors as used with the BBC Micro, all i found was a user manual in german :(

Is this any good? It covers several of the 143x monitors, but not knowing yours, I don't know if it's appropriate.

Rob

Anything in particular that you're trying to do to it? I see a few forum posts around on taking the back cage apart and probably some other information.

It's dead as a door nail, No power light Nothing, I've not pulled it apart yet as i only picked it up from my mum's this morning, It's been in her shed for about 7 years so i'm not really suprised, Though it was bagged and boxed when i put it in there, I'm hoping i can revive it as it is / was a nice monitor and i want to use it with a jamma supergun i want to build.

Edit: Hopefully now sorted, Just got to make or buy an adapter cable/s, It seem's it was just the on/off switch, I pulled the back off and couldn't see anything obvious, Nice and clean inside, very little dust and no bulging caps, So i checked the on/off switch and it wasn't working properly, I managed to get some Electrical contact spray in the switch and left it to soak in, Switch is now working and the monitor powers up.

Last edited:
Awesome work :) Funny something so simple and worth noting for folks to check in the future :)

Back