• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Aug. 3-4-- HUGE lot of vintage micros f/s @ MARCH event in central NJ

EvanK

VCFed Founder
Hi all. Remember this thread: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf...f-vintage-retro-computers-peripherals-amp-etc .....? Now it's time for we in MARCH to sell everything on the owner's behalf.

Rules are what you'd expect: nothing's being tested; nothing's being shipped; cash only; no parting out; no "dibs"; etc. .... you've got to BE THERE or be square. :)

The following list is around 90% accurate. I might have mis-counted, for example, where there are more than one of the same machine. Also, the owner said there's a few other random items that will be available. And last but not least, we in MARCH might grab one or two specific things for the club collection; for example we might want one or two of the Franklins.

Keep in mind, the Aug. 3-4 event is NOT the VCF East -- that's not until next April -- this event is primarily a vintage computer repair weekend. Entry is $10.

Without further ado, here's the rough list:

Amstrad PPC640

Apple II+ (x2)
Apple IIc (several...)
Apple IIe (x4)
Apple IIgs (x4)
Apple Lisa II (possibly XL; not sure)
Mac Classic
Mac SE
Mac 512
Mac Plus 1MB
Mac IIcx
Mac IIci (x4)
Mac II
Mac II Plus
Mac Powerbook 170
Mac LC
Mac LC3
Mac Quadra 605
Mac Quadra 950
Mac Quadra 800
Mac Quadra 700
Mac Quadra 800
Mac Quadra 700
Mac Portable
Disk II (x4)
misc. Apple kb+drives

AT&T Unix PC

C-64
VIC-20 (x2)

Compaq 286
Compaq 386 in nice case
Compaq Portable 3
Compaq SLT 286
Compaq portable 286
Compaq portable 386
Compaq portable 486C (x2)

DEC Rainbow
DEC Rainbow 100

Epson HX-20

Franklin ACE 500 (x2)
Franklin ACE 1000
Franklin ACE 1200
Franklin ACE 2100

box of Model M keyboards
IBM 5155
IBM 5140 (x3) -- one has a nice case
IBM Power Station 340
IBM Power Server 32xx
IBM 8573/121 portable with case (x2)

Osborne

"random box of laptops"

TRS-80 Model 1
Tandy 4D
Tandy 4P
Tandy CoCo 3
Tandy Model 2
Tandy 8MB HD (x2)
Tandy 6000HD (x2)
Tandy 12
Tandy CoCo
Tandy Model 100
Tandy Model 3
Tandy CoCo2 (boxed) (x2)

Kaypro II (x2)
Kaypro 4
Kaypro 2000

Spark Server 1000
Spark storage array
Spark Voyager

TI Professional Computer
TI Silent 700

Toshiba T1600
Toshiba 3200 SCX
Toshiba 4700CS

Zorba luggable

Evan,

I read the original thread with earnest. Thank you very much for offering your service to the community as you did.

How are you pricing items? There are several items there I would love to collect for myself and my son, although NJ is quite a haul. It'd be nice to have an understanding on what pricing I might expect.

On that note, if anyone else is in the midwest (Chicago) and would like to carpool or pool resources or anything of that sort, please feel free to drop me a line. I'm about 30% committed to going at this point.

Thank you very much for offering your service to the community as you did.

You're welcome.

How are you pricing items? There are several items there I would love to collect for myself and my son, although NJ is quite a haul. It'd be nice to have an understanding on what pricing I might expect.

It's tedious to price each item, so the process will be informal. People will point to an item, make an offer, and if it sounds fair then I'll accept it. My philosophy will be "priced to move"... Not lowball, but not eBay/retail either. Someplace in-between.

Proceeds benefit the widow, not MARCH nor I. (What's in it for MARCH? We had dibs on whatever we wanted froom the collection, and we're putting good machines into collectors' hands for good prices, rather than seeing anything get scrapped or all go to one person.)

On that note, if anyone else is in the midwest (Chicago) and would like to carpool or pool resources or anything of that sort, please feel free to drop me a line. I'm about 30% committed to going at this point.

That's awesome. I hope you can make it. You will enjoy visiting our museum here.

I hate losing out on the items that have caught my eye (the Franklin ACEs, the Rainbows, the IIe/c/gs, the Model Ms), but that's a 14 hour drive each way for me and there is no time -- and no other local interest. Best of luck.

I hate losing out on the items that have caught my eye (the Franklin ACEs, the Rainbows, the IIe/c/gs, the Model Ms), but that's a 14 hour drive each way for me and there is no time -- and no other local interest. Best of luck.

Other than our computer museum and the other museums at InfoAge :) ?...but I understand.

Is anyone interested in a spare ASR Teletype stand? It will work on a Teletype ASR 33 or KSR. PM me with your *$offer$* and I will bring to the event. Or I might just bring it if I have room with the hope someone will be interested.

*sigh* I would love to get one of the Franklin 500, sadly I'm too far to make a car trip :(

If you guys finally think to ship some stuff I'll be happy to deal with you

Have fun!

Quick list of items I bought from lot at MARCH event:

Zorba computer
Tandon 602S hard drive (for CBM 9060 or Tandy 5MB hard drives)
A few misc. Color Computer carts that looked interesting (BustOut, Super
Pitfall, Rampage, Audio Spectrum Analyzer)
Monitor and Assembler cart for Vic-20
Apple TechStep with CPU and SCSI HD pods
InfoCom games for Apple II (standard classics I did not already have)
Two boxes new/OS 5 1/4" disks
2 sleeves of 256K RAM
a few misc. disks.
Apple II Hayes Modems (2)
Apple II Modem cards
A few cardboard magazine holders

The list will be updated ahead of Vintage Computer Festival East 9.1 next spring.

Shipping is out of the question.

Back