• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Paint for PET rear panel?

dhoelzer

Veteran Member
Good morning!

I'm wondering if anyone has tracked down a pretty good color match for the rear panel on a 9" PET? The one I have here needs some serious reconditioning; not only does it have serious mouse exposure but it appears to have been stored somewhere damp.

Here in the UK we can take any part into an Auto Paint Shop Supplier and they will match it and mix a couple of cans up.

I am sure you will have shops with a similar service in NY :)

Oh, that's a great idea! Thanks.

I thought there might be a hammer finish can out there that matched.
Here in the UK we can take any part into an Auto Paint Shop Supplier and they will match it and mix a couple of cans up.

I am sure you will have shops with a similar service in NY :)

Doesn't the colour age over time, so what would be the right tint for one computer might look horribly fake on another? I think the topic has been up for discussion before.

No, the white metal panel with the textured finish on the 9" monitor section.

It's true that colors tend to age, but I think Commodore actually built these series 2 PETs out of some quality materials. It has not yellowed at all and still matches the painted piece exactly.

Do you mean the matt black of the lower case? If so, it's exactly that - no special matching required. I have resprayed a few PET and IEEE drive lower cases with a standard matt black from plastikote. http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---4181/pccode---6751

Rob

Back