• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For sale: MITS Altair 8" drive,Apple II cards, AT&T 3B1, Sun gears and others

Nice stuff. I checked all your auctions. Hope it goes well. Does the MITS drive work?

This is where the usual eBay Seller answers with:

"I have no means to test, so it is offered as is."

Or:

"It was working when it was stored away, 30 years ago."

LOL!

smp

This seller seems to have a nice collection, of only vintage stuff for sale, not typical seller of MITS drives I have seen lately on ebay. I would not necessarily expect the drive to work, but with the controller card it's got a fighting chance to be restore-able. It's also in nice cosmetic shape. I would not be surprised if the drive plus controller card set went for over $1000 if for sale in the USA. Not sure how the shipping origin of HongKong will effect the sale price. There are buyers for vintage gear out there for sure, check out the computer museum of Korea for example. There appears to be a new interest in vintage computing in Asia, plus you have the Australians who might buy from a Hong Kong seller.

Is it me or have there been a lot of MITS drives for sale lately? I am working on one myself, need to re-cap and replace some TIP12xx's

Back