• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Warcraft II & III

facattack

Veteran Member
I have WCII: Battle.net edition and WCIII Battle chest.

But anyway, it saddens me how Blizzard has taken WOW as its flagship game and has completely forgotten it roots with the RTS games. Sure, they took the world by storm and all new MMOs are compared to WOW but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for WC IV.

Anyhow, anyone wanna play WCIII? I'm very new to this type game and none of the people online want to give a newb a chance! :( How would we set this up?

I loved Warcraft I and II but they changed it too much in III and I never got into it. My favorite online oldy RTS is still Age of Empires II : Age of Kings Conquerors addon. 1000's of people still play it daily (after some programmers revered engineered Microsofts ZONE software). They don't like newbies in Age either, but they have rooms for them.

I scored a copy of WC II and the expansion at a yard sale for a few dollars, but I haven't played it for more than an hour. I also have a complete boxed version of WC I that I've fired up to play for a few minutes, just to see how it plays.

Unfortunately, I have found these games are a challenge for me to play, considering how much time I've sunk into playing Command & Conquer games (everything besides Generals, Sole Survivor, and C&C4). Same difficulty applied when I played Starcraft for the first time. Controls are so wildly different that I have a hard time.

Warcraft 1 I enjoyed. I think maybe I enjoyed 2 but I can't remember what newer things I had to worry about vs 1. Civilization did the same thing to me.. I love Civ 1. Civ 2, and III I had trouble getting into although I'd like to play them again but in the original I didn't have to worry about chopping wood or mining resources. Call me lazy but I was happy enough just with the instant resources I got per turn from placing a city near those items on the map.

Back