• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FOR SALE: Alpha Personal Workstation 433au

sysmgr

Alpha Personal Workstation 433au, system unit only (no monitor, keyboard or mouse) for sale. In good condition with all blanking plates and door intact (and no rust either!)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Currently has VMS 8.4 installed but also runs Debian Linux and True-64 Unix.

- AXP 433Mhz CPU 2MB Bcache
- 768MB RAM
- 4.3GB HDD
- Toshiba SCSI CDROM
- Floppy disk
- PBXGB Graphics Card (2MB)
- DE500 Network Card (in addition to onboard 21143)
- PBXDA 4 port async card (no cable)
- ISP1040 Qlogic SCSI card (in addiion to onboard ISP1040)

I also have the following additional cards.

- PBXGI Powerstorm 4D40T PCI Graphics adapter (a monster of a card, requires 2 slots and is only supported by True 64 UNIX).
- Simpact DE-000-0820 (no cables)

Buyer collects from SE England RG27 or GU31. Can been seen working at GU31 if required - evening or weekends only.

It is a nice system and I've grown quite fond of it but I don't have the space any more so it must go.

I'd like to get a fair price but also just want it to go to a good home where it will be appreciated.

I reserve the right to withdraw the item from sale at any point.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
That is a real sweet machine. I've been looking for a nice alphastation running VMS at a reasonable price for some time. Unfortunately I'm in Texas and the shipping costs from the UK would be prohibitive for me (not to mention damage from shipping). They're great machines and I hope you find a real good home for it.
Tux

Unless someone tells me that they can collect this little chap in the near future it is going to get 'recycled' :-(

If I know you will be able to pick it up in the next six - eight weeks I can hang on to it for that long (I think)

Mike T.
sysmgr

Back