• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Christmas present with issues

Sorry to take so long returning to this thread, but life is very distracting sometimes. Havoc, your Tandy 1200 is just the spitting image of the little Tandon! I have a different set of expansion cards, but the computer is, as near as I can tell, identical.

One of the delays in posting was my ongoing attempts to repair the floppy drive. I am sad to report absolutely no progress on that front (sorry Thomas :(). My Radio Shack dealer friend told me the 1200 was not generally offered to franchise dealers, and he never got permission to sell it, as Tandy corporate favored it's wholly owned stores (just crazy). This means he has no service information in his archives for that model.

I was unsuccessful in tracking down any service info, and I just couldn't get anywhere with repairs. The floppy is the only issue left unresolved, but, I got lucky (I think) and bought a TM65-2L drive off eBay just tonight for less than $30 with shipping. I don't really know what it's like as there were no pictures, but I have bought stuff from these people before with good results, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I had seen a couple of others on eBay, but the cost was "out of sight". All of them I have seen so far have been black faced, and I won't be surprised if the one I snagged is too. I can handle the change of faceplate and lever though.

If repairs are successful, I'll run some photos up the flagpole of her in action, and give her a run at Trixter's Topbench. One of the perks to getting this machine is now, in a way, I sort of have my first Tandy as well!

Since the computers are exact, you can get at least the board dip switch settings here:

http://support.radioshack.com/support_computer/doc1/1962.htm

Unfortunately there is no information on the stock Multi I/O Ram card. Which for me is a problem since I can not adjust Com or Printer ports.
So far my searching has found at least this much information. The cards can go by one of three names. All of which lead to dead ends.

1. Modular Circuit Technology MCT-MF
2. Everex EV-100
2. CRD-RAMXT384 MF

Havoc

Back