• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Pentium Era Packard Bell Computers and Master CD/ Diskettes

Anuextreme117

Banned
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for any Pentium Era Packard Bells in Tower Form. I am not looking for Pentium MMX Versions. I also want a Force 482CDT and any Packard Bell with a colored panel, not the one with the standard gray panel. If anybody also has ANY Master CD, Diskettes, and Documentation by Packard Bell. If you have the following items please feel free to send me a PM. I hate bidding auctions and will not do them AT ALL!

Kind Regards,
Anu

My grandma had a 386 or 486 era Packard Bell for a while, but it was a standard beige machine (and a desktop, not a tower). I don't think it's around anywhere anymore, though.

No, I am scared about CRT Monitors, I might get one from a local dealer. I am just collecting Vintage Packard Bells, Manuals, Master CDs, and Diskettes. Thank You for the response, it has made me happy :)

Cathode Ray Tubes are the best monitor technology ever released for low resolution and fast moving pixels.

And if you think LCDs are harmless, that would be a poor assumption. They release mercury vapour (much like their larger CFL brethren used in household lightbulbs).

heh, cathode ray tubes in TV's have been around and in major use since the 50's and as PC monitors in major use since the 80's and earlier. I would think we would know by now if people were dying or having their faces melt off by now.

That being said I have a desktop PB Pentium 100mhz PC I'm thinking of selling or trading...maybe

I pulled mine out and checked it out so heres the specs if your interested. Its a PB legend 2440. I did a article on it for my website so here it is here http://ancientelectronics.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/packard-bell-legend-2440/

I've done some things to it since then so heres the rundown, the only card that I added is a SB32 card for sound for video I just have been using the on board video. I still have the soundcard/modem that came with it I can include. I bumped the RAM up to 72MB and replaced the 75mhz Pentium with a 120mhz Pentium that I cant seem to only be able to get running at 100mhz despite the motherboard saying it supports 120mhz so I dunno there. obviously its a desktop and its not in perfect condition. When I picked this up it was dead and sitting in a guys garage probably since the late 90's. I replaced the CD drive and it needed a new power supply which do to a weird holder isn't perfectly secure. the front panel is loose and the power button sticks usually when you power it on, oh and its also heavy. I'm actually kind of fond of it but its just been taking up space lately and I already have a lot of early Pentium era computers so if your still interested send me a PM. Just please keep in mind shipping will be about $30 and again its not in perfect shape. I will trade for it for DOS games or other vintage PC stuff I do not have.

Please re-read the posting guidelines, particularly the part about "bumping". I think you missed it the first time. ; - 0

Back