• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: PCjr

MikeModifed

Veteran Member
(Drat you, Mike Brutman! :D )

Cash ready. Extras a plus. Tasty modifications a plus. I have several CGA monitors, so I (probably) don't need an original.

Trade desired? I have a variety of nice Tandy 1000s, a Tandy 4020 SX (Tandy 4020 SX support), or an IBM 5170 (high serial number) (these are NOT for sale, merely offered as possible enticement for a nice PCjr).

Mike

(Drat you, Mike Brutman! :D )

Cash ready. Extras a plus. Tasty modifications a plus. I have several CGA monitors, so I (probably) don't need an original.

Trade desired? I have a variety of nice Tandy 1000s, a Tandy 4020 SX (Tandy 4020 SX support), or an IBM 5170 (high serial number) (these are NOT for sale, merely offered as possible enticement for a nice PCjr).

Mike

All the cool kids want one now. ;)

i recently got a pcjr collection from a hoarder. havent gone through it all, but definately have working base units, quadram "tower" ram+extra floppy, both types of keyboards, ram sidecar, 512k mod sidecar, clock cart, pc/xt keyboard converter, joysticks, sasi/scsi card, modem, serial cable, cga cable, speech sidecar, extra power sidecar, and more. shoot me a pm with what you're looking for and a price...

i recently got a pcjr collection from a hoarder. havent gone through it all, but definately have working base units, quadram "tower" ram+extra floppy, both types of keyboards, ram sidecar, 512k mod sidecar, clock cart, pc/xt keyboard converter, joysticks, sasi/scsi card, modem, serial cable, cga cable, speech sidecar, extra power sidecar, and more. shoot me a pm with what you're looking for and a price...

You should be *very* careful with that machine. The Quadram expansion is basically a Rapport/Racore expansion but it might have some different logic on the board; the software that came with it was different than the standard Rapport/Racore software. The PC/XT keyboard converter I assume is from Racore, and that is another nice but uncommon option. And the SASI card is incredible - those were extremely rare. (I have one here from a friend that I need to do some bringup on; I contacted the original designer and he had a good memory, but his original paperwork related to it is gone.)

RIM made a SASI card - it plugs into the modem slot. Later PC Enterprises developed SCSI sidecars, one based on a Seagate chipset and one based on a Future Domain chipset. If you have the SASI card what drive do you have and what bridge/interface board do you have with it?

Mike

Better yet, pm a list of what you have and how much you want for it. Assume that I don't know exactly what I want in a system.

Mike

Assume that I don't know exactly what I want in a system

You want a jrIDE for sure!

I've spent too little time lately with my jr; but after a little overclocking is a more than serious machine. Enjoy!

i took a look at the sasi card, and its the rim - goes in modem slot. and it did come with the sasi/mfm/rll bridge. doesnt autoboot, but i do have a boot floppy with drivers.

i took a look at the sasi card, and its the rim - goes in modem slot. and it did come with the sasi/mfm/rll bridge. doesnt autoboot, but i do have a boot floppy with drivers.

Ok - there is a cartridge that fixes that problem called "HardBIOS". What drive did they use? A Seagate ST225?

Please take pictures and image the floppy disk - it's a very rare machine.

Back