• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 8088 motherboard

DamienC

Experienced Member
Looking for an 8088 motherboard.

The one I'm replacing was somewhat oddly sized; it is roughly 12" x 8" and the case it was designed for is wider than it is deep. There were only 6 8-bit ISA slots to the left of the keyboard port, so a board with any more than that would probably be too long. I tried sticking an average sized 386 board with 8 slots into the case, but the board was about 2 inches too long on the left side.

I'd like a board with 640k RAM, no less but more is fine. Award BIOS preferred but not necessary. Having a CPU is OK but not necessary as I have one I could use.

I can pay cash via PayPal or trade. My trade list is here: http://pastebin.com/mL9VXqX0

What brand of computer is this? Chances are only a motherboard from the same model and vendor will properly fit it.

I don't recall there being too many generic 8088 or 286 motherboards that thin or with so few slots. Even my small late-model VLSI 10-mhz V20 board has 8 slots.

It's for a Samsung S330 XT clone. The original board actually still booted up until recently. The battery leaked and corroded some traces, plus several of the onboard chips had pins that were damaged. The system would have still been usable if not for a BIOS keyboard error that i could not fix. I was trying again to fire it up the other day and now its not booting at all.

If all else fails I'll probably just take the working components and either put them in a different case or part them out for sale, but I'd rather get this system working again. It's kind of a nostalgia thing.

Back