• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PM notification delay...

Stone

10k Member
For a few days the email notification of PMs has been delayed *quite a bit*, at least here. E.g., on Thursday I got a PM dated 10:26am and the email notification arrived at 10:40pm. So there is roughly a 12 hour difference between arrival and notification via email. Maybe one of the forum's configuration clocks has an am where there should be a pm or vice versa? I know that 12 hours is not the norm for this -- around 10 minutes is. The 'New Private Message Notification Pop-up' is working OK, it's just the 'Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages' that is off by twelve hours.

Anyone else notice this delay in notification?

I just got an email notification for a PM that was 2 hours 18 minutes after the fact. That's still not what it should be. Going back to March 23 the two notifications I got were 5 and 10 minutes after the fact, respectively, which is normal.

I think I did notice that also but haven't looked into it much. Not very entertaining but you could check the MIME headers and check the times that the mail systems in the route received things and when it thinks it send the email out.

Yes, I checked the headers and they were consistant with the notifications being sent exactly when I received them which is still running around 12 hours late.

Update...

For the last few days the notifications have been entirely on time, again, like they have always been in the past until this recent 10 day or so lapse. Since nobody seems to have any idea what might have caused it I guess it's acedemic now that it's fixed.

I did see the issue also but I'm guessing Erik or one of the other admins resolved the issue.

Back