• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is a good price for an APPLE SIDER?

Gribnitz

Experienced Member
I am never going to use this, so I may as well sell it. It could pass as new if you didn't know it was 20 years old. It says it is for an APPLE IIe, which I don't have, so I haven't tested it. It looks like everything is there, but I have never seen one besides this one so don't really know. The manual and disks are in the box too, but I can only post the 4 pics.

100_5402.jpg100_5403.jpg100_5404.jpg100_5407.jpg

..well.. googling that quickly seems like a poor idea. Clever if it was meant to sound like "Apple Cider" though ;-) a descriptive link. Value could vary quite a bit depending on if it works and who's bidding. I'm not up to date on SCSI stuff for Apple but it seems to always get some good attention. I know for the IIgs they're considered "rare" but IIe I don't recall seeing many for sale. You could entertain best offers here for a while and it'll go to someone who loves it or take it to ebay if you're really short on cash and don't mind the nickel and diming gig.

I looked at Ebay but didn't see anything. I just looked again and did SOLD listings and it looks like just the manual and a copied disk of the drivers sold for $30+. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will know what is fair for something like this. I may go pull it out and see if it will work on my IIgs.

It should work with your IIGS.

My opinion (which probably isn't worth much) is that this is probably worth $300-$400 if it works.

Sider

Sider

I have two of these beasts. I would sell them for $400 each. Both work and have software and interface cards. I also have a working 10meg Corvus hard drive with interface also working. I would want much more for it as it is much older and rarer.

It should work with your IIGS.

My opinion (which probably isn't worth much) is that this is probably worth $300-$400 if it works.

The bundle might fetch some extra dollars for the folks looking for in-box products. Otherwise, its nothing special. The Sider was a SASI hard drive (predates SCSI) and the controller only supports those drives.

If you have one, a RamFAST SCSI card can run the drive with better performance than the original controller, but its still an ancient hard drive even by Apple II standards.

My luck. It won't power on. I am going to list it as parts/not working if anyone is interested.

it's internally fused, per the label above the power switch.
have you checked the fuse?

No. I wasn't planning on keeping it anyway. Someone may get lucky and get an easy fix. It looks like new, so maybe someone can swap cases if they can't fix it and have one complete in box.

Back