• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1400 Laptops - XT/IDE (XT-CF) Card Now Available

Thanks, my next idea is to build a SoundBlaster compatible card for it. Though I have no idea at all how to start that :)

BTW apologies to anyone that followed the above link and got sent to my wiki page - I had an error in my reverse proxy configuration (now fixed).

Glad to see this available - I just ordered one of the boards, because I have been waiting 20 years for an expansion card!

(really only about 2 years since I picked up the LT and found it had slots that needed to be maxed out, but it sounds better that way)

:)

Thanks, in truth I wasn't expecting any demand at all for these - good luck with the build :)

Is there an alternative for the "AMIC - A29010-70F" - Farnell/Newark does not seem to carry these, in fact after I ordered two of them, they seemed to be backordered until finally they cancelled the order. Is there an alternative via Mouser or someone else?

Is there an alternative for the "AMIC - A29010-70F" - Farnell/Newark does not seem to carry these, in fact after I ordered two of them, they seemed to be backordered until finally they cancelled the order. Is there an alternative via Mouser or someone else?

Sure - SST 39SF 010, 020, 040 should all work. I have some available on my site if you're stuck.

If the design is updated at some point, how about squeezing in a 62 pin header with ISA pinout?

It would be great to finish Tandy's work and build an expansion card! But, there just isn't enough demand for this machine to cover the development costs unfortunately.

Back