• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Carte Blanche new batch of cards

These are good news! Lets wait and see.

As nothing in terms of expansion modules or development besides the usual suspects has surfaced for the CB "classic" until now, i find the step to a redesign a good decision. The CB has some 'clunkiness' to it... the Altium PB connector, the Audio/Video connector and the small ram makes it hard to do individual projects with the CB. The card offers more than most developers will ever use but lacks the 'universal' concept an is overly complicated to do hardware centric projects with.

The CB stand completely alone as there is nothing in the Apple II world that is similar in concept. The target group are developers and people who want to tinker. The CB2.0 has to address normal users as well to get the card to volume. Only enough production mass will make the card cheaper (even though the target price is way below the original CB)

-Jonas

Hi everybody.

This is just to announce (with a small delay of several years; sorry Steve) the *real* possibility to get a new batch of "Carte Blanche" boards (as designed and made by AppleLogic team).
A friend of mine, Plamen, is ready to run a new batch of boards. Price is not fixed at this time, because it would depend on how many people would be interested.
Boards would be professionaly made. Plamen sells currently other boards for AppleII as well as for other vintage platforms.

In case you are interested just let me know by leaving me a private message. For now I just want to know how many people would like to purchase one of these boards.

In case you do not know what a "Carte Blanche" is take a look at this page: http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlanche.html

BTW, If you are one of the AppleLogic team members and want to say something, please do it!

inakito.

I'd be interested in one too depending on the final price and such.

I believe it will take long before we can put our hands on one of these new boards. My friend Plamen has told me he is *ready* to run a small batch of classic CB boards. So i have tried to contact Steve (one of the authors behind CB) to ask for green light to go ahead with a run of old CB boards. Unfortunately I have been unable to receive any answer to my mails (probably because the email i have is not uptodate). I would appreciate someone here to pm me with a pointer to Steve.

Back