• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Express PC question

Allard

A while ago I've found an old PC in a storage box. It's an Express PC and it doesn't say any type number or whatsoever, but I believe it's from somewhere around the 70's. I was wondering if anyone here recognizes it or knows something about it because I'm quite curious about it. I would like to know what it's worth and if it's rare/wanted. Unfortunately I don't have time for it myself so I'm also looking for someone who would be happy to buy it from me. The last time I plugged the PC in it was fully functional and had a operating system from the late 70's if I remember it correctly, but I could fire it up again and take a better look if you guys want. Thanks a lot!

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

Not '70s but '80s. Take the cover off and take a few pictures of what's inside. Then fire it up and see if the hard drive still spins up. Where are you located? Shipping is always a problem for complete systems.

It has a 3.5" drive and the cover plate matches the cover plate on the hard drive. Ergo, both got bought at the same time by the system assembler. Makes it likely to have been produced after 1990.

The more pictures of the insides and of each expansion card the more accurate evaluation can be provided. Do you have the boxes for it? Some people will pay more if original boxes are included and it will make shipping easier.

Yesterday I'd turned it on and it was still fully functional except for the keyboard which was sending nearly random characters instead of the characters typed. Anyway I made some pictures and it seems that it's from the 80's indeed. I could open it up maybe tonight or saturday and make some pictures of the inside. And I'm from Holland, near Amsterdam.

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

Back