• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Epson Equity 1E 8086 Computer

DOS lives on!!

Veteran Member
Have an Epson Equity 1e computer that needs a new home. It has a 3.5" floppy drive and a Quantum ProDrive LPS hard drive connected to a Silicon Valley Computer IDE controller. Has 640K of memory and an AMD 8086 processor. The outside is in good condition with one small dent on the back. The inside is pristine. Has the original battery, that still has a charge, and has not leaked or shown any signs of corroding.

IMG_2062.jpgIMG_2063.jpgIMG_2064.jpgIMG_2065.jpgIMG_2067.jpg

$30 plus shipping.

Thanks for the info, GH. I was not aware of that, and it is neat that Epson made the jump (albeit, a loner) to put MCGA into a clone.

(To the person who bought it, you now own an IBM clone that is the only clone known to have MCGA capabilities. Enjoy it.)

Together with the IBM PS/2 Model 25 & 30 8086 (8525/30). No EGA compatibility. CGA should work.

Together with the IBM PS/2 Model 25 & 30 8086 (8525/30). No EGA compatibility. CGA should work.

the model 30 286 has MCGA as well I think. The thing about MCGA is I believe its not 100% CGA compatible and I read in the Equity 1e manual that adding a CGA card will conflict with the onboard MCGA and is not an option though I guess adding a full VGA card will at least get you more VGA options plus EGA but it seems you can never get those oddball CGA modes.

It has a 3.5" floppy drive and a Quantum ProDrive LPS hard drive connected to a Silicon Valley Computer IDE controller.

Is that IDE controller an ADP50L? If so, I hope the new owner would consider trying XTIDE Universal BIOS with it.

what would be the benefit? just support of larger hard drives?

Yes, the ability to use drives of any size. This is assuming it works of course, no one has tried it yet (or at least not reported back about it).

If anyone happens by chance to be in contact with DOS Lives On! could you please have him contact me. I haven't received the computer and its been a few weeks. he was last on the 7th and I've been unable to contact him via PM or emails and I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Back