• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 34PIN FDD cable: straight: 2 connectors. (USA)

PeterNC

Veteran Member
To try and bring a Sony CDU-33A CD-ROM back to life I am looking for a 34PIN FDD cable, straight (no twist) with 2 connectors. Preferably >= 15" so it can reach the CD-ROM from the controller card.

I can pay $5 including stamps.

Last edited:
I have a new 36" dual floppy cable that measures 19" between the IDC connectors (header and drive B). You could either ignore the remainder of the cable, cut it off or I could remove it. :) However, just the shipping is $2.50.

Thanks. I have a couple of those as well. However: when I tried to connect the CD-ROM to the sound card yesterday it did not work. So I believe I need a 2 connector cable without twist.

Thanks. I have a couple of those as well. However: when I tried to connect the CD-ROM to the sound card yesterday it did not work. So I believe I need a 2 connector cable without twist.

If you cut off the last connector with the twist, there's no difference in the cable. If you have a cable, try that if speed is important to you.

The section you attempted to use *is* a two connector cable without a twist. :) Cut the remainder off and try it if you think it's not like that. The result will be the same.

There's always the possibility that one of the connectors is keyed incorrectly for the CD-ROM. You could try a non-keyed cable to be sure.

Or there could be a required driver that's missing, or the drive or the sound card's interface could be hosed.

I also tried a straight cable without a twist (3 connectors) from an IBM PS/1 and it did not work with that either so perhaps the sound card Sony connection does not work. I will see whether I can find a Sony controller card and try again.

I used the SB16 installation disks and selected the Sony CDU-33A so the driver and MSCDEX were correct.

Back