• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Microsoft Basic 6.0 5.25" disks - Need OS/2 disk

Grandcheapskate

Veteran Member
Hi Guys,
Years ago I bought a new sealed copy of Microsoft Basic 6.0 on 5.25" floppies. Fast forward a few years and I get around to opening the box and find there are two copies of the MS-DOS Codeview disk but it was missing the OS/2 disk. Without the full set of disks, I can't install.
Anyone have this software and be willing to e-mail me a zip file with the contents of the OS/2 disk? If you need the exact name on the disk label I can get that to you.

Thanks...Joe

Do you know which version of OS/2 is needed? Does it specify at all? 1.0. 1.10, 1.20, 1.30? these were all the 16 bit versions and I would guess that it would require 1.0 or 1.10. But that's only a guess.

Do you know which version of OS/2 is needed? Does it specify at all? 1.0. 1.10, 1.20, 1.30? these were all the 16 bit versions and I would guess that it would require 1.0 or 1.10. But that's only a guess.

I need the OS/2 disk that was included with the disks for Basic 6.0. I have no idea which version of OS/2 was current when MS Basic 6.0 came out - my guess would be pre 2.0. But that is really besides the point as the disk I am trying to find came with the MS Basic. Even though I probably won't use it, I do need it to complete the installation.

Thanks...Joe

1.2 or 1.3 were the last versions MS had anything to do with. After those it was all IBM. But even Warp 4.52 and ECS have some Microsoft code leftover. That's why IBM will probably never release the source code. MS would probably sue IBM if they did.

Hi Guys,
I think I need to make it clear what I need. The installation disks for MS Basic 6.0 included a disk which must have contained drivers and/or modules needed by an MS Basic application program if you wanted to execute the program under OS/2. So I do not need OS/2 installation disks, I need the contents of the single 5.25" disk that came with MS Basic 6.0 and contained the OS/2 interface modules.

Thanks...Joe

Hi Guys,
Years ago I bought a new sealed copy of Microsoft Basic 6.0 on 5.25" floppies. Fast forward a few years and I get around to opening the box and find there are two copies of the MS-DOS Codeview disk but it was missing the OS/2 disk. Without the full set of disks, I can't install.

Anyone have this software and be willing to e-mail me a zip file with the contents of the OS/2 disk? If you need the exact name on the disk label I can get that to you.

Thanks...Joe

It's been a little over a year since I last asked if anyone had this diskette and I wanted to give it another try. I searched the web yesterday looking for the entire package or somewhere I could download the files. I found other versions but the one place which had a number of versions for download showed version 6.0 as "M.I.A.". Great.

So if anyone has this software and is willing to e-mail me the contents of that one diskette, it would be appreciated.

Thanks...Joe

I have the disks, sent you a PM.

I want to send a big THANK YOU!!! out to Jimmy for getting me the files I needed. This was about a 20 year search to find those files. I always had these three brand new thick manual but couldn't do anything without those missing files.

Thanks again...Joe

Back