• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET RAM Expansion on Ebay

KevinO

Experienced Member
I've got a PET 8032 64K RAM Upgrade for sale "New in Box" available on Ebay. I'm not going to post the link, because I probably shouldn't be doing that in this forum anyway, but also because posting link seems to cause severe moderated post limbo! :D

I bought it a couple years ago planning to install in one of my 8032s, then that one quit working, and I finally decided to let it go. I know we've got a lot of PET enthusiasts here, so I thought I'd mention it. Oh, and sorry I didn't think to post until there was only 2 days left on the auction!

Just search for 8032 64K RAM and you should find it!

I wonder what stops a guy from using it in a 2001?

Probably nothing.

I'll probably give it a go, this piece is still missing in my collection, although internat' shipping costs...

What I'm looking for is the schematics for it, so we could even rebuild it (or at least some equivalent).
From the looks of the board it's 4 banks with 16k dRAM each - so there is refresh logic on it too.
There's one MC3242AP on it, the rest looks like standard TTL logic.The MC3242AP is an
"memory address multiplexer for 16k RAMs" with refresh counter. Using SRAM, a rebuild could
even avoid this hassle...

André

Back