• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Video Seven VGA

I have three of these cards, but I can only find two of them presently. On both, the pin 1 designation on the connectors, jumpers, and sockets, is done by a square shaped solder pad.

Interesting.... In my experience I have found that jumpers had the number and things like pin headers had either the number or the square.

Hello modem7.

I looked over your modification doc and it's understandable! I tried both VGA and EGA modes with a multisync monitor I bought from Stone (nice too!), and with an LCD monitor. Nothing! I did not reseat the LSI chips because I actually do not have a good extractor tool; sure I could've probably got them out carefully, but decided to not incase I damaged it and then couldn't return it. I honestly did exhaust my efforts, and decided it's time to through in the towel on this card. Disappointed because I want a backup VGA card. I already have a HERCULES GB500 VGA 8 BIT ISA ADAPTER card and love it! If I could find another one of these I'd buy it!

Thank you to all very much for your feedback. It's enjoyable to educate myself with the VC stuff!

Try the card in another machine. It's possible that the card, itself, is hosed and the 5150 is not the reason it's not showing anything. If it doesn't work in a machine that isn't particular about which video card it's using then it's time to return it.

Have you tried cleaning the card edge contacts ? I've had a few cards that wouldn't work...... and finally I tried cleaning
the contacts using a rubber pencil eraser, plugged them back in and they worked. I think sometimes even though the
contacts appear clean, there is a film on there preventing them from making contact.

Also, try flipping those switches on the blue switch block back and forth a few times, sometimes the contacts inside the switch
can get corroded.

Do you get any beeps from the system with the card installed ?

Last edited:
Hello.

Yeah I tried cleaning the contacts with a pink eraser, and 91% Isopropyl and blew it off with canned air. And I also did flip the switches back and forth thinking maybe something got stuck with one of them, but no luck. Eh I spent all the time on this card I can give it. No beeps or indications of a problem. The system booted up fine because I know the system. Plus after I watched the hdd run and then finally stop I could type "park" and heard the heads park.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Back