• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DC11E on RSTS V7 with modem support

scott451

Hi,

Has anybody used a PDP11/xx running RSTS V7 with a DC11E as a modem serial port. I've tried the SET MODEM command in init.sys, but it only seems to like DZ11 or DH11. But the sysgen manual indicates that DC11E has modem support.

So... assuming I sysgen'd with DC11E support, how do I enable modem support under RSTS v7? Specifically, I am looking for auto logout when DTR or CD falls.

I've tried enabling DC11E in simh and RSTS sees the DC11, but I can't seem to tell it that it's a modem line...

Thanks,

-Scott

Which version of V7 are you working with? V7.0-07, V7.2, or (?)

When you say "It only seems to like the DZ11 or DH11" -- do you mean it is giving you
an error message when you tell it your KB number after the SET MODEM command?

Make sure that you are selecting the proper KB number, if you have multiple SLU's in your system.
The system monitor does not assign KB numbers according to their CSR's.

Which version of V7 are you working with? V7.0-07, V7.2, or (?)
RSTS/E V7.07

When you say "It only seems to like the DZ11 or DH11" -- do you mean it is giving you
an error message when you tell it your KB number after the SET MODEM command?

The RSTS/E V7.0 sysgen manual only refers to DZ11 and DZV11 for the SET modem command:
"...This task tells how to enable modem control on terminals controlled by a DH11 or
DZ11 /DZV11 multiplexer. You can think of this task and the Disable Modem Control
for Terminals Task as complements: every modem controller you enable with SET
MODEM, you can disable with the LOCAL suboption."

But earlier it refers to the DL11-E as a dataset capable interface.
"The DL11E and DLV11E single-line interfaces connect terminals to
the PDP-11. These terminals transfer automatic answer datasets on the dial-up telephone
network. The RSTS/E monitor can support a maximum of 31 DL11E and
DLV11E single-line interfaces."

So, does anyone remember using a DL11E with a modem on RSTS/E V7.07?

Back