• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for Vintage Computer: Emerson 286 w 5 1/4 floppy drive and 640k.

barney

Experienced Member
This is probably a long shot but here goes. I am looking for an Emerson computer that came out back in the early 90's. It's an Emerson 286 w 640k and 51/4 floppy drive. It only only one large external bay and a smaller bay for a 3 1/2 floppy drive. The computer also had a built in EGA graphics card. If you have the EGA monitor that goes with it, I would be interested in buying that also. Thanks.

If anybody has this computer, please let me know.

Barney

How neat is that I recently acquired a Emerson Series II 286 with 640k, however it is the Series II with VGA. I've never seen one until now, and to find someone looking for one thats pretty cool

How neat is that I recently acquired a Emerson Series II 286 with 640k, however it is the Series II with VGA. I've never seen one until now, and to find someone looking for one thats pretty cool

Do you still have that Emerson Computer? If you do, are you interrested in selling it? Thanks.

Emerson 286 complete with monitor and keyboard extra memory

Emerson 286 complete with monitor and keyboard extra memory

This is probably a long shot but here goes. I am looking for an Emerson computer that came out back in the early 90's. It's an Emerson 286 w 640k and 51/4 floppy drive. It only only one large external bay and a smaller bay for a 3 1/2 floppy drive. The computer also had a built in EGA graphics card. If you have the EGA monitor that goes with it, I would be interested in buying that also. Thanks.

Barney

Hi Barney, I am not sure if you are still looking for this vintage computer. It looks like it just came off the shelf, like new. I have about 11 5-1/4 disks. It has a 5-1/4 floppy drive and 1.44 floppy drive. I am the original owner but it is so long ago I have forgotten how it operates. If you are in the states it probably would cost a lot to ship as I am in Calgary Alberta. have you an idea what you would pay for it complete? I have the original invoice and it was over 2000 bucks. Please reply to ve6vk@telusplanet.net
thank you.

Hey! That's my video on Youtube. That's my machine, I upgraded the video because I didn't have the old-style monitor anymore.

1991 Emerson AS1214E

1991 Emerson AS1214E

Barney

I have one - and a whole basement full of assorted 286's, 386's, EGA monitors, and more (Apple IIe etc)

Dave K
The PC ShopIMG_5704.jpgIMG_5702.jpg

I have one - and a whole basement full of assorted 286's, 386's, EGA monitors, and more (Apple IIe etc)

Dave K
The PC ShopView attachment 21512View attachment 21513

Hello The PCShop, sorry about that but I just noticed now what you stated in your post about several EGA monitors that you are selling. If you still have any, could you let me know. Let me know which types and brands you have. I am looking for a good condition EGA monitor (12 - 14 inches) that has a good clean picture. Let me know thanks.

Sounds good. How much money are you asking for it and what would the shipping be: Florida 33548.

Note: You mentioned in this post that you also have an Emerson computer.. do you also have the matching Emerson Monitor? If you do, what price are you asking?

Send me a message with the details. Thanks.

Last edited:
How about an original NEC MultiSync, Model # JC-1401P3A? It's a 14", got an excellent picture and does VGA and CGA as well as great EGA?

Did you still want to sell this monitor? What is the price and shipping: zip 33548. Thanks.

Hi Barney,

This is a heavy monster and just the shipping, packing, etc., to Florida runs ~ $90 - $100. But it does work perfectly, has an excellent picture in all modes, and has seen extremely little use in the last 25 years. I've just had it on to occasionally test it. I use one just like it on my bench -- it's the only monitor I need there.

Back