• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted to Buy: IBM 5161 Expansion Unit or Clone

nc_mike

Experienced Member
I am looking for a working expansion unit with the send and receive cards and cable. A clone expansion unit (Tecmar etc) is also fine.

Thanks,
Mike

I have a gnarly gnarly Tecmar expansion chassis standing in the backyard. Most people would balk at the suggestion, but it can be restored believe it or not.

Not 100% positive I even want to sell it, but if I break down, 15$ plus shipping from 08005. It's not just a case, there is a power supply, so figure 25 lbs. or thereabouts.

Yah, I'd not mind restoring the chassis - its getting both cards and cable that's the challenge.

Mike

Yah, I'd not mind restoring the chassis - its getting both cards and cable that's the challenge.

Mike

The Tecmar is less elaborate then the 5161 (I used to own one). There is a card, but it's connected to the box by a simply flat ribbon cable that plugs into the "motherboard" IIRC.

I'll get you some pictures soon and you can decide. In the interim get acquainted w/electrolytic rust removal.

KIMG0048.jpgKIMG0045.jpgKIMG0044.jpgKIMG0043.jpgKIMG0042.jpg

Here's 5 pictures, I have 5 more if you want me to e-mail them to you, via rampaging_green_hulk@yahoo.com (remove underscores)

I lowered the price 15$ :). I still maintain that it could be restored, which is what I'll eventually do if you're not interested.

It's fairly heavy. Shipping weight is probably 35 lbs. But that's all you'll be responsible for, raw shipping rate.

I was wrong, there's a card in the box, the other goes to the pc. The board sitting at the bottom of the box is likely a SASI card (a predecessor to SCSI) by Xebec.

I'll clean it up some before boxing it up. Let me know.

<gulping> That requires more than wee-bit of restoration. I have to decide how desperate I am LOL.

Regards,
Mike

Back