• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

CompuAdd 810

jmetal88

Veteran Member
I was trying to remember the model number of the first computer I had, and I talked with my dad about it a little, and after finding some pictures online we're both fairly sure it was the CompuAdd 810. I'd love to reclaim that little bit of my childhood (one of my favorite things to do back then was to poke around in GW-BASIC on the thing), so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has one that they'd be willing to part with. I don't expect I'd be able to offer very much money for one, so I'm willing to wait a while if one doesn't pop up right away. I'd also prefer one that's within driving distance (I'm in Southeast Kansas at the moment) so I could pick it up instead of dealing with shipping, but I understand that might not be a realistic expectation. And having a monitor would be a plus as well.

So, I'm still looking for one of these. If I can get any XT clone, this would be my machine of choice. Still can't offer very much money, but that may change after I graduate in a few months.

I have a CompuAdd 810, given to me years ago by its original owner. The original monitor and keyboard both stopped working but the system itself still works fine. I have the original manuals for it. It came with one 5.25" 360K floppy drive and a VGA card; I added a 3.5" 1.44MB drive (since it has onboard high-density floppy support, very nice for an XT!). It also has the onboard Western Digital IDE-XT hard drive interface, but I was never able to get it working with any of the IDE-XT drives I have. (It will work fine with any 8-bit ISA hard drive controller.)

See this post for photos of it:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?11131-post-your-nudies!&p=64325#post64325

Send me a PM if you're interested, however, I do warn you that shipping from NJ to Kansas won't be cheap; probably at least $40, because the CompuAdd's chassis and case are all metal and it's quite heavy for its size!

I have a CompuAdd 810, given to me years ago by its original owner. The original monitor and keyboard both stopped working but the system itself still works fine. I have the original manuals for it. It came with one 5.25" 360K floppy drive and a VGA card; I added a 3.5" 1.44MB drive (since it has onboard high-density floppy support, very nice for an XT!). It also has the onboard Western Digital IDE-XT hard drive interface, but I was never able to get it working with any of the IDE-XT drives I have. (It will work fine with any 8-bit ISA hard drive controller.)

See this post for photos of it:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?11131-post-your-nudies!&p=64325#post64325

Send me a PM if you're interested, however, I do warn you that shipping from NJ to Kansas won't be cheap; probably at least $40, because the CompuAdd's chassis and case are all metal and it's quite heavy for its size!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the computer I'm thinking of. Oddly enough, I don't quite remember what the front of the case looked like, but for some reason I do remember the back of the case looking EXACTLY like that. If nothing closer comes up soon, I'll probably take you up on that.

EDIT: By the way, I'm pretty sure I have the original hard drive out of either the one I was using or the one my brother was using at the time. I'm 100% positive it doesn't work anymore, but if the drive I'm thinking of actually is the drive from that machine, then I know which model it was intended to work with.

EDIT 2: I got too excited about it and sent you a PM already anyway, haha.

Last edited:
Alright, we've closed the deal! I'm excited about this. Definitely going to be posting about it once the machine shows up.

Back