• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: AT&T 3b1 / PC7300/ UNIX PC

cb88

Experienced Member
I'm just starting on my search for a 3b1... it strikes my curiosity just because it is a graphical Unix without X11 as well as I think it would be cool to network it with RetroBSD devices runing MGR client applicaitons. I imainge I could get MGR working on my Sparcstations as well and it might even be better than X11 in some cases due to being more lightweight since that was apparently a primary reason people stuck with it back in the day after X11 was becoming dominate.

Throwing around some ideas with the RetroBSD guys here:
http://retrobsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37089

So anyone that wishes to part with thier 3B1 for a reasonable ammount or knows where I can get parts of one to piece together I would be glad to hear of it!

need bootable disk image for MFM emulator

need bootable disk image for MFM emulator

I'm in the middle if installing a Gesswein emulator on a 7300 I am reviving that has a dead disk. Can you send me a working drive image that I can dd onto the micro-SD card to get it booted? I have a file system backup that I can restore, but no way of getting it started.

thanks,
-dB

Hi. Just seeing this now. Feel free to contact me.

I have 2 of these working, and am restoring 2 more right now, in some very interesting ways. Particularly, using David Gesswein's MFM Hard Drive Emulator.

I also have a smattering of parts.

Email me at the address found at http://mightyframe.com/p/contact.html

See my now very incomplete 3b1 page here.

All the best,
-AJ

Back