• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Unibus prototype board

PG31

Veteran Member
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgI have the following board but since I don't have a Unibus machine I was thinking of cutting it for use in Qbus, be a shame really. Can anyone think of a use for it? I may put it up on a famous auction site.
Swap for something interesting maybe;)

Hi All;
Pg31, I would be interested in it as is, But, One I probably couldn't afford what You may be asking for it, and I suspect the shipping would be a killer as well..
But, maybe someone who has a PDP 11/xx machine nearer to You, might be interested in taking off of Your Hands..

THANK YOU Marty

I was trying to tell from 2.jpg, but it doesn't look like the fingers are hard wired out to the traces on the rest of the board. I don't think this is specifically a unibus board, but just a hex height prototyping board. If that is the case, that it's general purpose and could even be put in say a hex-height omnibus (like the 8/a), then I'd say cut it as you need and get a quad and a dual height board out of it. It looks like it's segregated into three dual-height sections anyway.

A thin blade with lots of teeth for cutting wood trim on a table or radial arm saw would do a nice job.

Lou

That's very cool must say I've never seen such a card before!
If you do cut it down to a quad height and a dual height if you don't want the dual height then I would possibly consider purchasing it from you!
I have yet to actually get a Microvax or PDP 11 but I am looking for one and will have one someday :)
I am an aspiring electrical engineer as-well so having such a tool would be nice so I can play around with making cards for a PDP 11 or Microvax!
Either way good luck with cutting it down or selling it!

-Connor K

Looks like an AUGAT hex wirewrap module I used for UNIBUS prototyping back in the 70s/80s. Actually built a high speed framebuffer for the UNIBUS that supported 800x1024 4b (16 level) greyscale 60Hz monitor output. Used then new 64Kx1 DRAM chips IIRC and all the backend logic was 10K ECL. All wirewrapped on one of those modules. Worked flawlessly.

Don

The processor we were using at the time was an 11/34 and the display controller had to jump thru lots of hoops to do windowing of the display because of the 18b UNIBUS address limits. IIRC something like 32 lines of the display were memory mapped at a time.

Written on the board is "Copyright Hybricon Corporation 1981" Hi Lou, The PCB edge connector fingers each have a wire wrap pin connected to it and no PCB traces to any other part of the board, this is why I thought about cutting it up to use in maybe a QBUS machine.
Thanks.

Don't cut this board. Large boards for wire wrapping are not easy to get currently. Personally I was looking for something like your board for a longer time. I'm designing PDP-8 based on Prosser book. This PCB would be ideal for my project so if you are willing to sell it I'm interested. Initial plan was to fit on the 6U eurocard but bigger is better :)

Hi All;

Xtech,, "" I'm designing PDP-8 based on Prosser book. "" How far have you gotten in the Design, I would love to see what You have done ??

THANK YOU Marty

Does anyone know if the wrap pins on this style of board interfere with the adjacent slot? All of my DEC protoboards have short (one or two level) wrap pins on *top* of the board, I believe most of them are MDB branded.

Also, Douglas Electronics still carries DEC protoboards for a reasonable price, for anyone who's searching for them.

Hi All;

I would be very much interested in this Board, But, since I live on the Wrong side of the Pond, I can't buy it..

"" Also, Douglas Electronics still carries DEC protoboards for a reasonable price, for anyone who's searching for them. ""

I know I am expecting mine today..

THANK YOU Marty

Back