• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Needed a TRS-80 model II 12 16 or 6000 keyboard and software on 8" disks

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
As title says just acquired a Tandy 6000HD minus keyboard so am in need of one. I know there are a couple on eBay right now. Let me know if you have anything.

Also would be nice if some one could make some 8" floppies with Model II and CP/M software.

Of course I will pay for the items.

If you send me 8" floppies I'd be glad to put CP/M, TRS-DOS, etc. on them for you.

As title says just acquired a Tandy 6000HD minus keyboard so am in need of one. I know there are a couple on eBay right now. Let me know if you have anything.

Also would be nice if some one could make some 8" floppies with Model II and CP/M software.

Of course I will pay for the items.

The keyboards for these machines are the capacitive type in which the little foam pads under each key tend to decompose over time. So once you find your keyboard, just take it for granted that you'll need to rebuild at least some of the keys and quite likely all of them. I've done this on my Model 12 and 6000 keyboards using replacement pad kits that I found on eBay. I plan to try making my own pads for my Model II keyboard, but that's still a "when I get around to it" project. If the much stiffer foam that I bought ends up working, then I might have around a thousand leftover pads when I'm done... :)

@NF6X I have a guy in Georgia who has a model 16 keyboard he will test and let me know if it works or not.
@dholezer I have a bid on some disks right now. Does model II line use soft sector disks or hard sector? the ones I am bidding on are soft sector
also do you have LS-DOS 6.3.1?

Disks should be soft sector, single sided. I believe that the thinline drives can also use double sided disks (in either single or double sided mode, even), but for compatibility with the earlier non-slimline machines use single sided disks. Unlike 5.25 disks, there's a notable difference between single-sided and double-sided 8" media: The index holes are in different locations. Media with both single and double sided index holes should probably also be OK.

Soft sector single sided double density.

@NF6X I have a guy in Georgia who has a model 16 keyboard he will test and let me know if it works or not.
@dholezer I have a bid on some disks right now. Does model II line use soft sector disks or hard sector? the ones I am bidding on are soft sector
also do you have LS-DOS 6.3.1?

Back