94.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
i am searching, for my WANG´s, some Monitors like
WANG PM-004L Monochrommonitor and a IBM CGA Card to
connect some CGA´s to a WANG APC.

Hope

WolfgANG

Dual Monitorsystem on a WANG APC, 1994
What would you pay for an IBM CGA card and do you have any idea how much shipping it from UK to Austria?

PM me.

What would you pay for an IBM CGA card and do you have any idea how much shipping it from UK to Austria?

PM me.

I think he's looking for the Wang RGB card that lets you use an IBM CGA display on the Wang Professional Computer.
I've been searching for the same parts myself. RGB card is rare, and I think most people who kept their monochrome Wang Pro's threw out the displays :( I'm hoping to get a Multisync wired up.

Good luck with the search Wolf, hope you find the bits!

I think he's looking for the Wang RGB card that lets you use an IBM CGA display on the Wang Professional Computer.
I've been searching for the same parts myself. RGB card is rare, and I think most people who kept their monochrome Wang Pro's threw out the displays :( I'm hoping to get a Multisync wired up.

Good luck with the search Wolf, hope you find the bits!

so is it.
any idea how to connect a "TV" to the WANG PM-101 PM-002 PM-008?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132813194@N04/17709063692/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132813194@N04/17089072164/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132813194@N04/17523750948/in/dateposted-public/

yeehaa, i got it!
rgb, composite and a cp/m emu card.
anybody has cp/m for wang?
thank you

View attachment 25542View attachment 25543View attachment 25544View attachment 25545

I don't think there was CP/M for a Wang APC. The APC was released with (a special "Wang") MS-DOS. The earlier 8086 Wang often came with a CP/M-80 emulation card, but for the APC this is the first time i hear of one. Are you sure it's for the APC? By the way: The whole point of the emulation card was that you do NOT have CP/M installed, but that you would just run CP/M programs directly (From MS-DOS).

the apc diagnostic tool includes checking cp/m hardware.
from bios versions 1.21/ms-dos2.01 up to bios 4.50/ms-dos3.20 working on 8086pc and 80286apc/xapc, multiple hw-rev.(2.40-6.20). also ibm emulation 2.0 to 3.0.
sure cp/m card is from pc005-8086cpu.
have no cp/m files to test but there was a not working cpm.exe and a install.cpm file on the winchester in a directory named cpm.

If the CP/M card works in an APC that would be super awesome.

.exe is an MS-DOS executable, can only guess here, but maybe a software emulator??? Or to initialize the card? Or to run a CP/M executable through the card? Mysterious...

I have never had a CP/M card in my wang, but as i said the whole purpose was to not need to boot CP/M, with such a card you could (in theory at least) run CP/M executables from MS-DOS and the card would do the whole conversion work (As the Wang 8086 did with IBM 8086 appz in general!).

I'd try downloading some x86 CP/M appz to test it out as that was prolly closest to your APC...

http://www.classiccmp.org/cpmarchives/cpm/mirrors/www.seanet.com/~klaw/files.htm

Something like SEEMEM is pretty simple and should work on pretty much any hardware...

Otherwise you could try to run CP/M-86 and see how it works on a Wang. At least the 8086 Wang were like 100% compatible because of the IBM emulation - not sure about the APC since the 80286 would make the IBM emulation considerably harder.

On the XAPC in Wangmode at dos-command

C:>cpm.exe [file.cmd] is working! :)

cpm86 files failed.

Last edited:
Back