• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sol 20 System for sale

R Babler

For Sale Sol-20 System including the following items 2 – Processer Technology 16KRA memory boards, 1 Problem Solvers module RAM16B memory board, 1 – Morrow Disk Jockey 2D/B drive controller board with 2 Morrow 8” floppy drives. The system was put away in about 1986 when I purchased a Heath H148 DOS system. I have all but a monitor and the cassette tape recorder, this includes all the documentation I have acquired over the years. Included are the following 4 P.T. cassette tapes Basic-5, extended basic, Trek-80 and GamePac 1. Also included are 7 CPMUG Library disks, Morrow 24K CP/M ver 2.2, Microsoft Basic Ver. 5.2 several boot-up disks configured for the Sol Setup 32 k and 48k plus some other 8” disks I have done. Also the Sol Manual, and the following some Solus News, Protus News and P.T. Access News. All hardware was working when it was retired and I have not tried to fire up the system as I have no monitor.

Attachments

• complete.jpg
    complete.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1
  • SOL1.jpg
    SOL1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
  • books.jpg
    books.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1
  • manual.jpg
    manual.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
Would you ship international by USPS? I got a second address in Indiana but this will greatly increase the shipping costs as it will be forwarded to me.
What's about the keyboard. If any key is pressed it will go up or stick?
Could you send me pictures of the inside and back please?
Achim

Very nice looking system.

Are you the original owner?

Some history of the system and any repairs, roughly the year when it was last powered. Thanks...

And, where in Wisconsin? I'm near Waukesha, (being patient for the 10 post moderation business).

Yes I am the original owner, Repair's only thing's that were ever done to the system was the following The data delay lines were replaced on the P.T. 16 KRA memory boards, they were a known trouble spot, Had to have the whole system taken to Madison Computer Store where it was purchased to have the Morrow drives config. set for the SOL I did not phurchase the Morrow drive system from them and PT'S disk drive was way out of my spending limits. Last used ?? I purchased the Heath in Jan. of 1986 I started up the SOL on occasion after that from time to time.

I see the bare box listed on E-Bay with out any memory bds. for $2125.00 I think a fare price here as this is very complete with the exception of a monitor and tape recorder for the cassette tapes is in the $2,000 - 2,500 range.

Shipping ?? I am not real crazy about shipping outside the USA shipping inside the country will be not cheap also all put together and boxed as we now speak the boxes weigh 1 - 68# 2 - 45# 3- 22# It may be in your best interest to have the Indiana connection arrange a local pick-up. I think the key action is Ok but I did not test every single key. here are the pictures you requested. back.jpginside pix.jpg

Back