• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Packard Bell Platinum I

Quake runs decently up to 360x240. A timedemo of demo1.dem shows 17.5 fps.

Duke 3D runs respectably in 640x480, but it does have the transparency slowdown bug due to the Cirrus Logic video chip having broken VESA modes. There were a bunch of cards back in the day that had broken VESA modes and had trouble in DOS games. My first gaming machine in 1997 had a Matrox G200 which had terrible problems with Duke3D and transparent textures.

I did have to pull that giant ISA combo card out of the system because it was causing IRQ and DMA conflicts with everything. The PS/2 ports and COM1 wouldn't work with it installed. The only two things it had on it were a cheap modem and an Analog Devices sound chip.

I figured you'd probably not use the modem so I put in an AWE64 and a PCI NIC instead. I also tossed in a PCI USB card but it's also causing IRQ conflicts and I'll probably have to remove it.

If you would be willing, I would like that ISA Combo card. I remember it being a pain in the butt to get working, but I like the idea of a challenge when it comes to troubleshooting.

Yeah I was still going to include it. I'll toss it in bubble wrap inside the case.

I finally got my truck back together so I should be able to head over to the post office on Tuesday and get a shipping quote.

Thank you for being willing to do so. Now I really need to hang the sheetrock and finish the outlets in the computer room downstairs.

I managed to get some shipping estimates, but I don't have a guarantee it will be the final price. I ship things pretty frequently and estimates are always different from the final price due to "fees and surcharges". It's always fun dealing with the shipping companies.

Package dimensions:
18L x 18W x 24T ~35 lb

USPS:
Standard Post: $63.49 (includes fragile fee)

They used to have a 3rd class freight option that was cheaper but took way longer, but I couldn't get them to cough up a number for it.

Fedex:

Fedex Home Delivery: $42.46

UPS:

UPS Ground: $48.90

I'd prefer to not deal with UPS because they've destroyed my stuff on more than one occasion. And I don't mean minor dings or holes in the boxes, I mean crushed into fragments.

I tend to call UPS an acronym for Usually Pretty S**** Service. All but one thing I have had shipped through them has arrived destroyed, and I don't mean damaged, but destroyed. That is strange, I have never had a fragile fee with the USPS before. That is usually who I ship through, but they are $20 more than the best price. I am thinking I will have to have it shipped through FedEx. Would you be willing to wait until the 15th? I have to get paid before I can pay for shipping and and the $40 for your time.

Ehh, I guess. It's going to be a tad annoying having a huge box obstruct my bedroom door for a week but I can probably live with it.

Just as a friendly FYI, guys (I'm not looking to have anyone jump back flaming at me for echoing Mike and Eric's preferences)... but the mods here prefer things like shipping estimates, haggling, etc, to be done via PM, not openly in the forum. It keeps things clean.

Back