• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model 4 Hi Res Development

pski

Staff member
I finally installed my new original design Grafyx Hi Res board in my M4D and it works beautifully. Thanks, @TRSIan!

IMG_0903.jpgIMG_0900.jpgIMG_0896.jpgIMG_0895.jpg

My hi res images work just fine on the 4 so I will be renaming the image generator to the Model III/4 Hi Res image generator.

http://pski.net/trs-80-model-iii-computer-graphics-image-generator/

Actually, I may wait until I iron out my 8 in disk imaging issues so I can test on my Model II before renaming. I almost guarantee it will work on the Model II Hi Res board though.

Last edited:
Nice work Pete, how is it running on the Model II ? I'm testing it with all variations of Micro-Labs and on the M4 26-1126 board shortly but since they all share a common file format I can't see there being any real problem.

Cheers,

Ian.

Nice work Pete, how is it running on the Model II ? I'm testing it with all variations of Micro-Labs and on the M4 26-1126 board shortly but since they all share a common file format I can't see there being any real problem.

Cheers,

Ian.

I have not yet come up with an easy way of getting my image files into MII TRSDOS 2.0. Once I come up with that, I will give it a shot. Anyone have any ideas of how to easily get PC/MAC files into TRSDOS 2.0 or vice versa? Is the serial port my only option?

Ok, now that I can import files using the Hans01/LSDOS from my Model 4 to my Model II I have been able to confirm that the generated images do indeed work on the Model II hi-res board.

I'm using the Model 4 GLOAD because the Model II GLOAD only works under TRSDOS due to the different file SVCs. The hires board programming is identical using the same I/O ports on both MII and M4. M4 GLOAD works great on MII LS-DOS 6.3.1a.

IMG_1024.jpgIMG_1025.jpgIMG_1026.jpg

...The hires board programming is identical using the same I/O ports on both MII and M4. M4 GLOAD works great on MII LS-DOS 6.3.1a....

Now that is some fantastic news. It would be interesting to see what gp2000's detect code says about the MII hires board, which so far has been relatively undocumented.

Back