• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8570-121 reference disk

mark33067

Hello, I have file rf70 V1.06 and rf7080a V1.12
Need to know how to make a floppy of this so it loads into my ps2
Tried making floppy with windows 95 machine, but floppy drive wont read it. Floppy drive in PS2 is fine.
Thank you.
Mark

Hello krebizfan, they are img. Are there any step by step instructions on how to do this?

Hello Stone, not sure what exe file you are talking about. I am trying to make a reference disk for my 8570-121

The reference disks available on the web are usually stored in .zip files. After "unzipping" the image you will either have:

1)Self executing (.exe) file that makes the floppy you need. These exe programs will not work under current versions of Windows or DOSBox. You will need to run them under pure DOS. Other members may have other suggestions for this format.

2)An image file in .img format. Last week I made a PS/2 reference disk under Windows 10 using a $14 USB floppy drive and WinImage. Works fine. The reference disk I found for the Model 70 is in this format.

Your 8570-121 is a PS/2 Model 70 386. The reference disk you should be using is rf7080a ver 1.12.

If you download the file from this web page, you will get the floppy image in .img format. Other websites I see have it in the .exe format.

http://www.walshcomptech.com/selectpccbbs/

Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see a link "Download Everything". This will get you all of the PS/2 Reference and Diagnostic disks.

Last edited:
Hello Chuckster, what version of win image did you use? Can you give a newbie instructions on how to do this. I'm not versed on dos. Also, hello from Parkland FL

Winimage has a very nice set of documentation when you download it. Put simply, run WinImage, select File Open to open the image you need, then under the Image menu, select Write. Make sure the correct floppy drive is selected, insert floppy disk in drive, and Press OK. In about 2 minutes, the disk will be created.

Winimage has a very nice set of documentation when you download it. Put simply, run WinImage, select File Open to open the image you need, then under the Image menu, select Write. Make sure the correct floppy drive is selected, insert floppy disk in drive, and Press OK. In about 2 minutes, the disk will be created.

I am using the current version, 9.00.

Also, when you install WinImage, it will associate the .img file extension with the WinImage application. All you have to do is double click on your disk image filename and it will automatically open WinImage.

That's kinda sleezy. :)

It's also not correct.

So, what do you use after WinImge stops running for free and you don't want to buy it? You gotta have something that does .IMG files.

WinImage is good if you don't have a computer setup for making floppy disks. New computers don't have floppy drives or floppy controllers, so you are forced to rely on the USB route.

The fact that these are PS/2 images in standard DOS\Windows format makes things a lot less complicated for newbies.

Hi krebizfan, yes Winimage is cool. Made my reference disk and it worked. Thank you for your help. It was nice to see the blue IBM screen.

Back