• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Amiga 1200 cases to be made on Kickstarter

mjnurney

Experienced Member
Copied from Amibay...

Hi A-Lovers

Phil here, from "New A1200 Computer Housing Kickstarter Project".
First i'd like thank the admin who activated my account. 10K+ kudos

Regarding our project, we're blessed with so much support fro all of you guys !
In 2015, feeling that there is still so much people who love their miggy like we are, this is just awesome.

All this started for the need we have to get new casings for ourselves..
But we didn't wanted to get used ones (and yellowed of course) off from ebay or any other channel.
We wanted NEW housings.. Brand new ones ! No yellowing, with a better plastic and enhancements...
Where to get that ?
No were... sadly.

Solution ? Scan in 3D print 2 cases just for ourselves...
mmm.. not interested. We wanted the real deal.
This project then came to life overnight !

Please follow our progression on our FB page and get all latest news and housings specs:
https://www.facebook.com/a1200housings

Do not hesitate to ask questions, post comments. We're totally open to any discussion & suggestions.

More important:
Spread the word to all A-Fan and A-user out there

Thank to all of you for your out standing support.
The A1200-Project Team.

There is a shortage of A1200 parts? ???

I'd have guess if there was enough interest to have new injection molded cases produced, there must be a market for them. It looks like good alternative to tracking down a case that isn't cracked or yellowed, especially if the Amiga had spent it's previous life in a dirty, dusty factory setting.

I don't disagree, I'm just shocked. I remember the huge surplus of new A1200s on the market in the AT era. But I suppose that really was a long time ago now.

Im not sure if the moulds are new of old stock. the cost of steel moulds is fantastically large but i can't say for sure.

The talk about new keyboards too, so maybe they have the key cap moulds too?

3d printing may take a while.... :)

mike.

Im not sure if the moulds are new of old stock. the cost of steel moulds is fantastically large but i can't say for sure.

The talk about new keyboards too, so maybe they have the key cap moulds too?

3d printing may take a while.... :)

mike.

Hi guys,

I'm part of the team working on this project.

You can follow us directly on our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/a1200housings

As well as our Web page:
http://a1200.tindev.net

To answer you recent questions:
- Yes, the molds are new. We're working with a manufacturer to create new molds, including the case enhancements we're adding.
- Regarding new keyboards (and new keycaps), we plan to launch this new Project after this one is finished.
- We do NOT 3D print the housings ;) Everything is plastic injected, with high quality plastic (ASA), Anti-UV and super resistive. No yellowing anymore ;)

Thanks for your support, we need you !
If you have any question, or willing to comment on our progress or photos, do not hesitate on our FB page.

Regards,
PL

Are all those people who towered their A1200's and threw the case away looking to go old school stock again?

Squirting plastic is cheap enough IF you still have the old molds and don't do any added machining.

Copying trademarked material is a no go, especially when money is involved.

Ah yes, I forgot about the silly,convoluted and undignified Amiga trademark history... shame... still nice to see shiny new cases though.

My Amiga 500 body was very yellowed - what i did was using gasoline to clean it and that really worked out well. I'd recommend to try that first if the yellowing bothers you.

Hi Guys,

The Amiga 1200 case KS campaign has reached 73% and there's 16 days left.
All and every Amiga enthusiast help is needed here so that the goal can be reached.

Of course you may be not in need for a new Amiga 1200 case, but there is other ways you can contribute to this initiative.

Please see below the current Special Editions cases still available , and rewards designed to support the Amiga campaign should you not in need for a case.
For case color comparison, you can of course have a closer look on this image.

Lower Tier Pledges to support the campaign: Please see the campaign page

Phenomena Amiga 1200 Case & Bonuses
PHENOMENA_AD.jpg

010101 Music Amiga 1200 Case & Bonuses
010101AD.jpg

SKIDROW Amiga 1200 Case & Bonuses
SKIDROW AD.jpg

ALLISTER BRIMBLE & Bjorn Lynne Amiga 1200 Case & Bonuses
ALLISTER BRIMBLE AD.jpg

RED SECTOR INC. Amiga 1200 Case & Bonuses
RSI_AD.jpg

- And there's more, because after this campaign the work on new keycaps & keyboards will continue as well!

All the help & every contribution is greatly appreciated.
- More than 500 Amiga fans are currently supporting the campaign.

-> Join them so that Amiga makes it possible !

#AmigaRulez

First, A1200 cases, and new standard Amiga keyboards.

Next, A3000+ (with Cyberstorm PPC standard) ! :D :D :D

(I'd be ecstatic with a new housing and keycaps for my poor trusty but now orange A3000 keyboard.)

First, A1200 cases, and new standard Amiga keyboards.

Next, A3000+ (with Cyberstorm PPC standard) ! :D :D :D

(I'd be ecstatic with a new housing and keycaps for my poor trusty but now orange A3000 keyboard.)

New keycaps and new keyboards are indeed in the loop.

Yesterday we've trashed the €93k mark, and we need all amiga fans support :)

Even if you don't need a new Amiga 1200 case you can always pledge on Official Amiga Mugs ^^

Cheers,
Phil

I wouldn't know what to do with a mug. You should have had T-shirts :p

It should be pointed out that one could also select the lowest prize and pledge a larger amount.

Probably not if the mugs have already been bought but otherwise I would hope that means more money for the project.

Back