• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A 88 2-SIO board just sold for $396.99, shocking. There's need for replica

Hi All;

Marsman, "" If you want a visual replica with the all the original parts, then someone has to scan in an unbuilt board, turn that into a Gerber file with all the drill and via locations, and make new boards. ""
This is exactly what Grant did..

THANK YOU Marty

Not so shocking. This has been about the minimum going rate for a while for a 2SIO. I have also seen Rev-0 SIO-A go for even more.

I have a MITS 88 SIO-A board and never powered on, because I've restored all of my Altair (I just have no idea how to make the SIO-A on these Altair useful), may be I will sell the SIO-A board one day...

Last edited:
Just heard from Grant - he's finishing up his workshop so he can produce and sell some of his kits again. He's even painting the wood cabinets in his workshop Altair blue :)

He confirmed he'll produce the 88-2SIO kits very soon.

Mike

Just purchased a 88-ACR board, like a SIO-A, but for cassette storage.

This is will be the last Altair 8800 hardware, I'm collect and for restoration.

Just heard from Grant - he's finishing up his workshop so he can produce and sell some of his kits again. He's even painting the wood cabinets in his workshop Altair blue :)

He confirmed he'll produce the 88-2SIO kits very soon.

Mike

Popping and old thread.

Are any of these boards available?

Good luck, he's stopped answering my emails. He has some of my S-100 boards in hand for scanning.

Martin's board would be the way I'd go, or just build one on protoboard -- I've got a 6850 ACIA at 0x10 on a Solid State Music IO-2 I use for testing.

Back