• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Windows 95 Sound not working in vmware player 6... is this offtopic?

yolo bro

are there any drivers or solutions for windows 95 osr2.5 not working in vmware player 6? Thanks in advance.

I know this may sound silly, are you getting sound from dosbox? if so, then I would focus on the DOS side of windows 95 to get sound correct.

Have you installed the VMWare Tools? They should provide all drivers needed for the emulated hardware inside the VM. Not sure if version 6 of the VMWare Tools still support Windows 95, but you can also use older ones. If all fails, use Oracle VirtualBox instead, which is able to emulate a SB16.

7.x works fine with my 3.11 and my 98, but he is right, the tools should be the same. If not, then use dos related SB16 drivers.

I have installed VMware tools and it is still not working. it does not detect a sound card!

I have installed VMware tools and it is still not working. it does not detect a sound card!

The device manager should show the device driver in windows 95, if not then add it to the options before launching the virtual system. What host system are you using? Windows, Linux? is the host system compatible with that version of VMmware ? on your host, do you see the VMWARE VMCI host adaptor in system devices? (Win 7,8....) should work like a charm if its all there with no splats

Back